PDA

View Full Version : something for you Victorians........

Bigcol
25th February 2015, 07:48 PM
while searching for something else, I came across this....

some thing for the Victorians in our Forum

http://www.martinevansauctions.com/sunday-15th-march-2015---warragul.html

some interesting goodies there

AB
25th February 2015, 08:01 PM
Winnies area!!!

Please scope out Winnie with live video and commentary for us ;)

katwoman
25th February 2015, 08:27 PM
Damn. Better make sure some one in my house doesn't know about this.......

lucus30
25th February 2015, 08:32 PM
I wonder if they have some white flares.

Winnie
25th February 2015, 08:38 PM
Winnies area!!!

Please scope out Winnie with live video and commentary for us ;)

You can go in there now and get just about any part for chips... I went in hoping to buy shares like starter motor, alternator and other bolt ons but all the good stuff is gone.
The place is enormous, I used to use them for odd bits all the time.
I was talking with Stapo the owner and he said EPA and eBay have ruined the industry

Winnie
25th February 2015, 08:39 PM
I wonder if they have some white flares.

Nope no luck

mudski
25th February 2015, 10:15 PM
I used to work with this guy maybe 15 years ago. I remember him leaving and starting up an auction yard down Laverton way. Surely its the same guy.... BIG, bald dude from memory.

Winnie
26th February 2015, 05:43 AM
I used to work with this guy maybe 15 years ago. I remember him leaving and starting up an auction yard down Laverton way. Surely its the same guy.... BIG, bald dude from memory.

Nope, Stapo's has been there over 50 years...

taslucas
26th February 2015, 07:02 AM
Classic stapo

lucus30
26th February 2015, 08:42 AM
Nope no luck

Bummer thanks. I'm still on the look out for GU1-3 factory painted white flares if anybody comes across them. I've tried painting mine and the colour match is ok but the paint just doesn't stick too well.

My other option is to sand back all of them to black which is something i'm seriously considering

Winnie
26th February 2015, 09:09 AM
Bummer thanks. I'm still on the look out for GU1-3 factory painted white flares if anybody comes across them. I've tried painting mine and the colour match is ok but the paint just doesn't stick too well.

My other option is to sand back all of them to black which is something i'm seriously considering

Have you sanded them back and sprayed them with primer before painting?

lucus30
26th February 2015, 10:11 AM
Yeah sanded them and sprayed with a light coat of clear plastic primer and then 3 top coats. I think I'll try again by sanding back and using a normal white primer and then top coats

threedogs
26th February 2015, 10:16 AM
might need to use vinyl spray paint, and heat the flares a little before you paint.
and as winnie says use an undercoat first
Lots of light coats may be better than say 3 thickish coats.
Are you just using a spry can.???
Guys who sprayed my trailer originally colour coded it to my Patrol so they
re sprayed them black and I've had no issues at all in 2 years now

Off thread a bit but back on track some nice project cars in that yard IMO

lucus30
26th February 2015, 10:35 AM
Yeah just a spray can. I did lots of light coats the first time. I've never painted anything with a spray can before so I'm sure its how I'm doing it rather than the product.
I painted my bullbar but did that with a roller and was pretty happy with the outcome.
Might even consider doing the same with the flares as they don't need to be perfect just need the white to stick

mudski
26th February 2015, 12:48 PM
Nope, Stapo's has been there over 50 years...

Thanks. I just checked. The guy I worked with is a Martin Evans but not this one obviously. What are the chances. Two people, same name doing the same thing.

Winnie
26th February 2015, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I just checked. The guy I worked with is a Martin Evans but not this one obviously. What are the chances. Two people, same name doing the same thing.

Martin Evans is the name of the company holding the auction... hahaha

threedogs
26th February 2015, 01:09 PM

I just sent an email to Martin Evans