PDA

View Full Version : Nads EGR questions

RanGU
24th February 2015, 09:51 PM
Hey everyone

I'm sure his has probably been posted before but I was chatting to a mate who did the EGR block plate to his hilux and he saw on a hilux forum that a lot if people have been drilling a 5mm hole in the plate because if it blocked off completely apparently it sends the truck into limp mode? Just curious as to whether the ZD30 is the same? Have you boys done the same?

Also where/ who would be the best place to get the block plate, Dawes valve and needle valve from?

Cheers

Rock Trol
24th February 2015, 09:53 PM
Hi RanGU. What year is your Trol? If its a Di then no hole is needed, the engine management system does not monitor this. If its a CRD then all you will get is an engine check light (Error 0401 from memory). The car does not go into limp mode. With a CRD you can buy a scangauge to view the code and clear it.

RanGU
24th February 2015, 09:57 PM
Ahh fantastic thanks mate it's an 03 Di so I should be sweet..

Any ideas on the best place to buy the kit from? I have seen a few different types on eBay.. Just not sure if they're all pretty much the same or not

mudski
24th February 2015, 10:02 PM
Hi RanGU. What year is your Trol? If its a Di then no hole is needed, the engine management system does not monitor this. If its a CRD then all you will get is an engine check light (Error 0401 from memory). The car does not go into limp mode. With a CRD you can buy a scangauge to view the code and clear it.

Yeah its mainly the late model vehicles that get this issue when blocking the egr. Most CRD's can get away with a full plate too. Its only when they run a Scan gauge they will see the issues. And I haven't heard of a Gutlux needing a hole in their EGR too. What engine we talking?

Rock Trol
24th February 2015, 10:03 PM
One of the members here (Mudski - Northern 4x4) sells them. He also sells NADS gear (Dawes Valves, Needle Valve etc) which you will need if you block the EGR. The Di's will probably over boost when the EGR is blocked. The Needle Valve and Dawes will take control of boost away from the ECU which is what you want. The Di's tend to drop boost when EGR opens so if you block it and leave the computer in charge you will have erratic boost as the ECU will not know that the EGR is not opening/blocked.

Paule
24th February 2015, 10:04 PM
Mudski on this forum owns Northern 4x4. You can send him a pm or find him on eBay. I've also got an 03 patrol and I got all my nads stuff from him. Top bloke and was more than happy to answer my questions

RanGU
24th February 2015, 10:34 PM
Not exactly sure on which hilux motor we are talking about all I know is it's a d4d..

You blokes are awesome I'll send mudski a PM ASAP thanks guys!!

Rock Trol
24th February 2015, 11:15 PM
You blokes are awesome I'll send mudski a PM ASAP thanks guys!![/QUOTE]

We know.

RanGU
24th February 2015, 11:45 PM
Just as long as you know..generally keeps you being awesome haha