PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol GQ,4.2,Long Wheel Base

Baraton
23rd February 2015, 09:04 AM
I have owned the patrol since new (1997). I'm having a problem with the wheel alignment and balance. Evan after I have had the vehicle aligned and balanced, it still feels as though it isn't right and still feels uncomfortable in the front end.
I would appreciate any input.

Cheers Wayne from South East Qld

Drewboyaus
23rd February 2015, 09:34 AM
How many km? Could be suspension bushes, bearings, a host of different things to go wrong since '97. Patrols are no stranger to front end issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Majestic
23rd February 2015, 09:51 AM
How many km? Could be suspension bushes, bearings, a host of different things to go wrong since '97. Patrols are no stranger to front end issues.

I was going to say bushes. I have had my truck balanced and aligned recently (late last year) and now it's vibrating again. However my suspension and shocks are shot and most of my bushes are flogged out which are most likely the issue. Getting all that replaced on the weekend coming up.

I would check the bushes first mate. Look at the cheapest issue and work your way up.

Baraton
23rd February 2015, 10:03 AM
395,000km. Bearings are good. Having suspension bushes checked as we speak. Cars having a full balance and alignment done now and mechanic has been made aware of problems and he has been asked to give me a full report. Will let you now how it goes.

Clunk
23rd February 2015, 05:02 PM
welcome aboard mate

Hardyards
23rd February 2015, 06:16 PM
Hi Wayne,
welcome to the forum, good to see you are making use of the accumulated wealth of knowledge stored within the members.
Cheers

AB
23rd February 2015, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't sort your issues out here you may want to start another thread in its own about it as a lot if folk don't read the intros.

4bye4
23rd February 2015, 06:29 PM
welcome to the forum mate.

Dhuck
23rd February 2015, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Drewboyaus
23rd February 2015, 07:00 PM
395,000km. Bearings are good. Having suspension bushes checked as we speak. Cars having a full balance and alignment done now and mechanic has been made aware of problems and he has been asked to give me a full report. Will let you now how it goes.

In the 395,000km you've owned the car, how many times have you replaced the kingpin bearings? After bushes, that would be next on my list if they haven't been done in the last 120,000 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sherro
23rd February 2015, 07:37 PM
G'day Wayne welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
1st March 2015, 06:55 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.