PDA

View Full Version : Billy rolled the patrol

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 06:58 AM
I awoke this morning with this message from Billy
"Well made it to Alice finally,,,only one issue along the way,,,,
I rolled the ^&&**( truck on the Oodnadatta track.
Just my kinda luck.
Spent the day braced in hospital and finally cleared..
Walked away with a few scratches, lucky F&%#@%
WHAT A BALLS UP THOUGH"

I'll get more info when he wakes up bit sore and sorry ATM

93patrol
22nd February 2015, 07:07 AM
Bloody hell hope he's alright. Made a mess of the troll though.

Tell him we are thinking of him 3D

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 07:12 AM
Shall do mate I'm pretty sure the whole forum is concerned,
I really feel for him , just landed a dream job finally got the Patrol running spot on then this.
Wish I could do something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

BigRAWesty
22nd February 2015, 07:40 AM
Bloody hell. Hopefully this doesn't affect his job.
Good to hear he is ok. Looks like the car is a write off

AB
22nd February 2015, 08:30 AM
Yeah bugger, glad he's ok, how did it happen john?

TPC
22nd February 2015, 08:37 AM
Bugger, never good to hear.
At least he is ok.

lucus30
22nd February 2015, 08:46 AM
Bummer how'd he manage that. Least he is alright

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah bugger, glad he's ok, how did it happen john?

I ring him later this morning{time difference}
bummer as he had so many plans

jay see
22nd February 2015, 08:57 AM
Cars can be replaced or repaired.
Good to hear that is not badly hurt.

Dinger
22nd February 2015, 08:57 AM
Glad he is alright. Hope he gets back on his feet quickly.

Stropp
22nd February 2015, 09:36 AM
Shit that's not good, hope everything works out for him, pass on my well wishes.

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 10:51 AM
As best Billy can re call he came over a hill and hit an unmarked patch of bulldust,,,,, nothing he could do,
wasn't travelling fast and it just went over, He thinks if he had more experience he might have been able to save it.
Who knows EH. main thing is no one is hurt.
Insurance will pay him out but not on his accessories,
He says Hi to all, and IMO he will be back bigger and brighter than before.
FYI the Todd is flowing lol now thats Billy

NissanGQ4.2
22nd February 2015, 11:09 AM
As best Billy can re call he came over a hill and hit an unmarked patch of bulldust,,,,, nothing he could do,
wasn't travelling fast and it just went over, He thinks if he had more experience he might have been able to save it.
Who knows EH. main thing is no one is hurt.
Insurance will pay him out but not on his accessories,
He says Hi to all, and IMO he will be back bigger and brighter than before.
FYI the Todd is flowing lol now thats Billy

I am not flowing.... but the bourbon will be soon enough

All the best billy.........Just think you can upgrade to a GQ now :)

Rock Trol
22nd February 2015, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear he's OK.
It's quite a common occurrence up there. All the government workers (teachers, health care) call it the roll over club and they don't consider you a part of the group until you have done it. A mate up there (teacher in remote community) rolled his Prado a couple of years ago and got a get well card and welcome to the club from one of the higher up managers.

Rock Trol
22nd February 2015, 11:28 AM
On a side note, it's good to see that the Patrol roof was strong enough to protect the occupant. I had not seen one rolled over before.

mudnut
22nd February 2015, 11:35 AM
Glad he's ok. Yeah and glad to see the passenger compartment structure did its job to protect him.

MEGOMONSTER
22nd February 2015, 12:43 PM
Not good, glad he's okay.
Cars are replaceable.

happygu
22nd February 2015, 12:47 PM
Terrible news for Billy, as he was so excited about it all ....

Great news to hear he escaped relatively unharmed though

Bigcol
22nd February 2015, 03:00 PM
bugga
as has been said, cars are replacable - health is not
glad to hear he is ok

dayam.......... he did a good job of it then

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 03:08 PM
He starts work tomorrow so that should keep him occupied
for a while, he'll more than likely log on and explain it all.

Majestic
22nd February 2015, 04:59 PM
I wish him the best of health and a speedy recovery.

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 05:06 PM
pretty hard to hurt a Black Irish Pirate lol
Billy will be ok I'll pass on your thoughts

Maxhead
22nd February 2015, 05:13 PM
Hope all is well Billy.

Cuppa
22nd February 2015, 06:46 PM
Oh geez, not what any of us wanted to hear! Not the sort of experience anyone wants to have to learn from.

Clunk
22nd February 2015, 07:05 PM
ouch, not good bud. All the best

krbrooking
22nd February 2015, 08:23 PM
Glad no one was hurt. He can always rebuild the troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

megatexture
22nd February 2015, 08:53 PM
Not good at all! Lucky he was basically on a hwy and not off the beaten track! Hope he bounces back fast.

bishbashbosh
26th February 2015, 03:02 PM
WAVES HANDS IN THE AIR!!!

Thank you to 3D for his kindness and support through the phone and thank you to everyone else for you thoughts!

Well I'm alive and made it finally to Alice Springs (What an amazing place) - Started my job on monday and just working through my orientation sessions at the moment - This is one busy hospital and some amazing people who work here! I'm looking forward to diving on in with my new job..

Yup rolled the truck - God knows how it happened really im still trying to put the pieces together and now starting to remember the roll part of the accident.. that truck saved my life to be honest - i managed to walk away from it with a few cuts and plenty of sore spots but nothing major - I must have lost time somewhere as all i remember is coming to and pushing the front screen out as i landed on the drivers side.. if the roof had come down a few inches more i would have most likely broke my neck but it held up just right!!

Still heartbreaking when i look back to it all - managed to salvage some of my personal items but could not get anything off the truck that i'd fitted which was a bummer - Was looked after beautifully in coober pedy and was taken in by a bloke with an interesting history lets just say.. it seems coober pedy is a place that people can start afresh in!

Lucky I had SOS on my phone as i managed to get emergency services but they could not find me so i had to start walking to the main section of the oonandatta (sp) for them to spot me - But they stripped me off put me in a body and neck brace and off we went to the hospital! Staff where amazing and really made my time there much easier - Plenty of stories about how they had rolled their cars in the past even a poor nurse who had just purchased her car and rolled it that day!!!

I've lost my laptop somewhere in Coober Pedy so can only update when i can at work.. but you can keep an eye on billybleed.com as ive managed to get a bit of the trip up on the site - need to locate my camera also as it has some amazing photos of the trip up til coober pedy - I just pray that SA Ambulance locate it all..

A true adventure only begins when something goes wrong and i think my adventure has truely begun - now waiting on insurance and will purchase another truck to get back out there again.. it's just what I can find..

Plenty of Patrols but they are all 3lt and 2lt and i'm not sure what years to avoid there.. Also a lot of cruisers, mainly troopy's.. gonna focus on diesel with this purchase but just itching to get out camping as i had such a blast on the way up..!

Again thank you everyone and im sorry i trashed a patrol.. more soon!

:)

lucus30
26th February 2015, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear your alright mate and also that you seem to be fairly happy even though you've lost your pride and joy

Edit: PS don't buy a cruiser just don't

4bye4
26th February 2015, 03:11 PM
What lucas30 said x 2

threedogs
26th February 2015, 03:14 PM
On ya Billy yeah if you don't want to be found the Territory is the place.
4x4 prices might be cheaper down here would only cost $1000 to freight it up by train
from Adelaide, Keep that in mind, plenty of members in SA to suss some trucks out for you.
Stay good you have my details so dont be a stranger you are still a member here

Majestic
26th February 2015, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear you're alright mate.

Edit: PS don't buy a cruiser just don't

Yes try and stay away from the Toys. :D

Stropp
26th February 2015, 06:01 PM
some good news then mate, hope everything comes together for you and if you ever run into the Prior family up there say hello as they are all related to me and very very well known in the Alice

Bloodyaussie
26th February 2015, 06:52 PM
Ya bone head.... glad you are alright and seem quite chipper about it all... enjoy the new chapter and dont buy a cruiser..lol

krbrooking
26th February 2015, 09:08 PM
Glad to here you came out relatively unscathed. Hope you are able to find the next baby soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jack
26th February 2015, 09:13 PM
Glad to hear you're ok Billy, enjoy the Alice.

bishbashbosh
27th February 2015, 08:47 AM
I figure it's happened and all i can do from here on in is smile and try not to think about it too much - Just glad I'm walking, although still pretty sore all over from the ordeal - I'm just itching to get hold of something though as getting on bush on my days off is what i'm looking forward to! I think i'll have around 15k to spend and being up here if i hold off a bit should be able to save pretty quickly and maybe hit the 20k mark for a new truck..

Will look out for the "Priors" also..

I need to adjust my drinking patterns as this heat bowls you over after having a few :)

Alice is a magical place!

threedogs
27th February 2015, 10:11 AM
Heres a best bit of advice I can give you if you drink heaps now dont go to Darwin lol

P4trol
27th February 2015, 11:45 AM
On ya yeah if you don't want to be found the Territory is the place.

I don't quite agree, especially if people are looking for you...

There's been a few crims lately that have travelled up here thinking it would be a good place to hide.

Of course if it's merely getting out of phone range for a bit of R&R, it's pretty good. Work will never find you!

sooty_10
27th February 2015, 12:02 PM
Heres a best bit of advice I can give you if you drink heaps now dont go to Darwin lol
Oh so so true ;) glad your all good billy, nothing worse than losing something you've worked so hard on but there's always another rig.

dads tractor
28th February 2015, 01:19 PM
some good news then mate, hope everything comes together for you and if you ever run into the Prior family up there say hello as they are all related to me and very very well known in the Alice

Gary is the only one left there I reckon . Good family .

dads tractor
28th February 2015, 01:25 PM
3 Dogs there are more federal cops in the NT than Canberra and a lot undercover so with a low population base probably the worst place to hide.

Gecko17
1st March 2015, 09:52 AM
Hey Billy. Just read about the mishap. Glad you're ok! Any crash you can walk away from is a good one and, like everyone else has said, vehicles can be replaced, people can't.

Good to see that you are enjoying the new locale and job too. Look forward to reading more about it.