PDA

View Full Version : 98 Gu having a minor steering issue.

Lyra
21st February 2015, 10:28 PM
98 Gu Ti here, I've had a wheel alignment (It helped) I have rotated my tyres (Helped more) But i'm still pulling to the left, If i let go of the wheel while driving on a flat road, It slowly turns a few degree's and stops there and i end up veering to the left.

Suggestions?

happygu
21st February 2015, 10:45 PM
They are designed like this from the factory ... stops you dozing off and drifting into on-coming traffic ... you'll only hit trees instead.

If it really bothers you that much, any good wheel aligner can put offset kingpin kits in the LHS front to overcome this.

I did it on my first Patrol, and never done it since

threedogs
22nd February 2015, 12:14 PM
Aust roads are designed with a left camber, any sealed road should do the same thing

Lyra
22nd February 2015, 12:53 PM
They are designed like this from the factory ... stops you dozing off and drifting into on-coming traffic ... you'll only hit trees instead.

If it really bothers you that much, any good wheel aligner can put offset kingpin kits in the LHS front to overcome this.

I did it on my first Patrol, and never done it since

Thank you, Anyone you would say as a "Good" wheel aligner, I tried beaurepairs but i don't think they did that great of a job to begin with, As if they didn't want my business