PDA

View Full Version : TD42 build about to start. Need some direction...

mudski
17th February 2015, 10:30 PM
O.k
I think I need to get off my bee hind and start with this TD on mine thats only been sitting here for well over 18months. As I get the coin from now on I will be putting it aside to do bit by bit this build up.
So what I have here

is the block with the liners still in, camshaft still in and the oil squirters.
No head but thats sorted. Got an OEM head lined up complete with teh lot.
Rebuild kit, also sorted.
I have an IP pump that needs a rebuild, it has no compensator so I am assuming I can get one put on???
Need a turbo
Intercooler and hosing
Injectors
Alternator
A/c pump
Radiator
and anything else I need. Lol

So first things first. I should get the block crack tested. I need to remove the liners, squirters and camshaft. How do I remove the liners? Anyone know someone in the northern burbs that can test the block? I might ring JPC and ask Mark there but someone here might know.

Thanks.

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2015, 03:24 PM
Build it and they will come !!!!! lol..

Still have the td42 engine here that has to go back to the wreckers as an exchange or give them $750

threedogs
18th February 2015, 03:46 PM
What about PAVTEK in Plenty RD

Ben-e-boy
18th February 2015, 07:57 PM
Do you have a crank and main caps that match the block, oil pump, flywheel, rods, what td is it, silver, black or T

Alitis007
18th February 2015, 08:02 PM
What about PAVTEK in Plenty RD

PAVTEK out sources their machining, just saying

mudski
18th February 2015, 10:45 PM
Do you have a crank and main caps that match the block, oil pump, flywheel, rods, what td is it, silver, black or T

Sorry Ben. I forgot to mention all that...
I have all that gear too. And its out of a GU TD42T. I just need to start, even if its just removing the liners and getting it crack tested. I will be building, or buying stuff as I get the funds. I though of just saving until I have enough but that will never happen. Cash is like booze to me, I have to consume it instantly. I'm shithouse at holding money...Lol.

mudski
18th February 2015, 10:52 PM
Build it and they will come !!!!! lol..
Yeah...and I will too....

Still have the td42 engine here that has to go back to the wreckers as an exchange or give them $750

As an exchange for what?

Family4x4
19th February 2015, 12:01 AM
Change over for the engine he bought from them, they take the old one.

Hodge
19th February 2015, 05:57 AM
No technical knowledge from me mate, all I'll say is good on you! The sooner the better,,,

mudski
19th February 2015, 09:01 AM
Change over for the engine he bought from them, they take the old one.
Yeah I get that but BA has nothing to change over.... Sorry if I sound confused, which I am. Too much going on makes my brain fuzzy....Lol

No technical knowledge from me mate, all I'll say is good on you! The sooner the better,,,

Its going to be a long and slow proceess Eric but I need to atleast start, then it will give me the drive to continue.
My ZD is still going gangbusters, tows the camper without a worry, has plenty of guts for what it is. But we (the family) would like to do some desert trips and I just don't trust it. Especially after what happened to a friend of mind last year, two weeks before Rusty's ZD went boom. 300ks out of Uluru and his went bang. 3 1/2K later it was towed home.
Besides I have always wanted a TD42 but couldn't afford one at the time. Still can't really, but trying....Lol

Bloodyaussie
19th February 2015, 09:19 AM
I still have a complete engine here that has to go back to the wreckers..... simple really.. I have no engine crane or trailer at the moment so it is sitting on an engine stand wrapped in a tarp.

mudski
19th February 2015, 09:42 AM
You reckon a few blokes could lift it? Jose looks like a burly bloke:bigthumbup:....I got the trailer then we can take it back to the wreckers...

Lol. Don't answer that. No effing way I reckon. Just the block on its own is heavy. I remember near blowing a valve just getting the engine stand back onto its feet after bolting up the block...