PDA

View Full Version : The last time I went 4wding.........???

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 05:36 PM
Was having a little think and using all my brain power and worked out the last time I went 4wding......... May 2014 with a bunch of the boys to Toolangi when we did that killer night drive.

I have done no 4wding since I have converted to diesel... except one little play on new years day with a shocking hangover and little sleep with Matty and George.. then there was the Australia Day trip but would not count that as 4wding either.

I am getting very very towy for a good drive in the guts of it all.... I so miss the High Country.

It's getting harder and harder to make time to get away??/ Maybe a quick overnighter but it would have to be a select group to do that sort of trip..

Might have to arrange a big trip when the tracks re-open or before then for the Queens Birthday weekend?

OH I need relief ... ha ha ha

Winnie
17th February 2015, 05:41 PM
I want to plan a forum trip to Aberfeldy... perfect for all new comers as there are a lot of easy tracks and sites to see, but heaps of pretty hardcore tracks for us fully sick guys... big campground at O'tooles could fit near on 100 camps

Rossco, Matt and I did a tough weekend late last year and had a great time

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 05:44 PM
Just not on a busy long weekend.. You know the formula now mate to a successful trip plan.

Those hunters pissed me off the last big trip we did at Dargo.

AB
17th February 2015, 05:50 PM
I want to plan a forum trip to Aberfeldy... perfect for all new comers as there are a lot of easy tracks and sites to see, but heaps of pretty hardcore tracks for us fully sick guys... big campground at O'tooles could fit near on 100 camps

Rossco, Matt and I did a tough weekend late last year and had a great time

Keen for that in mid march!!!!

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 05:52 PM
Yeah I cant do the March long weekend as I promised we would do a family trip

Winnie
17th February 2015, 05:56 PM
It won't be long weekend, for me it will probably be march or maybe even April. Got work it out as I will want to take a Friday from work and leave Thursday night. I have some awesome tracks planned too

AB
17th February 2015, 05:58 PM
Nah the weekend after the long weekend. 14th-15th

I dont care to be honest, any weekend after the long weekend I am free and I am sick to death of looking at my car and spending money on it without using it to be honest. ;)

lucus30
17th February 2015, 06:10 PM
How about Saturday the 21st?

Winnie
17th February 2015, 06:14 PM
I will check which Friday I can get off and get something written up...

Rossco
17th February 2015, 06:14 PM
Yeah aberfeldy trip would be a very good one I reckon.

On a side note been thinking should check out Ellis track as a day trip. Still supposed to be a pretty good technical track. . . Maybe when you get your high mount & other goodies sorted AB. And that bloody rear bar-!!!!!!!!! what's gong on!! Need to test out those nice new 35s. . . .

lucus30
17th February 2015, 06:16 PM
I will check which Friday I can get off and get something written up...

Please pick a weekend I'm not busy ha ha

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 06:16 PM
I suggest an early april date....

Oh shit thats Easter...

Winnie
17th February 2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah aberfeldy trip would be a very good one I reckon.

On a side note been thinking should check out Ellis track as a day trip. Still supposed to be a pretty good technical track. . . Maybe when you get your high mount & other goodies sorted AB. And that bloody rear bar-!!!!!!!!! what's gong on!! Need to test out those nice new 35s. . . .
He has been slack with that rear bar hasn't he!

I suggest an early april date
You knob!!!

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 06:18 PM
Ok what about the last weekend of March??

cgm
17th February 2015, 06:20 PM
Keep me in the loop, I'm not getting out near enough. I also still want to get to the see the "diesel".

Winnie
17th February 2015, 06:21 PM
Ok what about the last weekend of March??

Piss off bone head!

Rossco
17th February 2015, 06:22 PM
March is pretty chockers but the last week is ok 4 me. Apart from eater and weekend it after April is ok.

Maxhead
17th February 2015, 06:25 PM
Make up your mind boneheads...LOL

Holiday

New Year's Day
Thu 1 Jan

Fri 1 Jan

Australia Day
Mon 26 Jan

Tues 26 Jan

Labour Day
Mon 9 Mar
Mon 14 Mar

Good Friday*
Fri 3 Apr

Fri 25 Mar

Saturday before
Easter Sunday

Sat 4 Apr

Sat 26 Mar

Easter Sunday

Sun 5 Apr

Easter Monday
Mon 6 Apr

Mon 28 Mar

ANZAC Day*
Sat 25 Apr

Mon 25 Apr

sooty_10
17th February 2015, 06:26 PM
Last weekend in march would be right up my alley too. :)

lucus30
17th February 2015, 06:30 PM
I bet you any money I'll have a wedding on. Just checking now with the social secretary...

edit: Oooh looking good. I've got a dinner on saturday night but should be able to reschedule

sooty_10
17th February 2015, 06:40 PM
I'm also a possible for the 14/15 weekend.

cgm
17th February 2015, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty keen to be there whenever it's on. Just don't want to do public holidays as it will be too hectic.

AB
17th February 2015, 07:17 PM
How's those bars going Rossco :(

AB
17th February 2015, 07:34 PM
I'm also keen to get back into just day trips locally, Saturday drives and pizzas in the church!!!!

Winnie
17th February 2015, 07:36 PM
I just had a thought and the last forum trip I went on where we actually did real 4wding was Dargo...

Rossco
17th February 2015, 07:42 PM
How's those bars going Rossco :(

Going to have a play this weekend promise. :) . . . time to get motivated!!

AB
17th February 2015, 07:46 PM
I just had a thought and the last forum trip I went on where we actually did real 4wding was Dargo...

I remember doing a solo trip on cup weekend out of pure frustration and I cannot remember before hand???

The off camber area where you dented your roof Rossco. Very overgrown!!!! Track almost gone!

Actually quite depressing because money and effort has been poured into my gq since then I have been driving it to supermarket and back just to keep it going on weekends!!!

My gq is about to be a weapon that sits in the carport!!!!

Shame on all of you for not been proactive!!! ;)

lucus30
17th February 2015, 07:50 PM
I'm also keen to get back into just day trips locally, Saturday drives and pizzas in the church!!!!

Yeah sounds good AB. Pizza at yours was awesome.
My wife is going to a hens night on Saturday night so pizza at yours then haha?

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 07:51 PM
OK then this Sunday......

Bloodyaussie
17th February 2015, 07:54 PM
Its funny how we struggle for time now... I can manage a day trip and pizza around the 14th the a big trip 2 weeks later at the end of March.

This Saturday I have Spiderbait at the zoo with mine and Drews family then the 28th an overnight trip planned hunting then the weekend after (labour day)that I promised to go away with the family... crazy??

Hodge
17th February 2015, 08:10 PM
Its funny how we struggle for time now...

Nail on the head there mate.
I remember when I bought the Patrol. I had way too much time and was more comfortable with $ back then... But ironically I spent WAY too much time and WAY too much $ kitting it out, when I should have been going places ...
Now... tables have turned. I don't have hardly any time, because I'm working just about 7 days, to catch up with $$$ ... And the Patrol is sitting there...
Ironic.

But back on topic, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Rossco
17th February 2015, 08:16 PM
The off camber area where you dented your roof Rossco. Very overgrown!!!! Track almost gone!

Glad it's nearly gone, stupid track! ! Off camber in the pouring rain, getting dark, by yourself. . . Not the best idea in hindsight!!

Yeah we should do some more day trips. Ellis track should be fun. And pizza sounds good.

AB
17th February 2015, 08:21 PM
Glad it's nearly gone, stupid track! ! Off camber in the pouring rain, getting dark, by yourself. . . Not the best idea in hindsight!!

Yeah we should do some more day trips. Ellis track should be fun. And pizza sounds good.

It was dry when I went up so peace of cake but so overgrown I literally guessed the track coming back down which was very scary.

I would say I was probably the first and last person up since we rode our dirt bikes up there.

You would barely find it now, gone!

mudski
17th February 2015, 08:22 PM
You wanna do an overnighter at Sheepyard flats. Could even leave Friday night, get up in the dark and have a full day to do some tracks.

jay see
17th February 2015, 08:46 PM
I'll keep an eye on the dates.
Work every second weekend, have a wedding in March and going away on the long weekend, my treat for my birthday.

This is an open to all right?

Winnie
17th February 2015, 08:50 PM
I'll keep an eye on the dates.
Work every second weekend, have a wedding in March and going away on the long weekend, my treat for my birthday.

This is an open to all right?

No members whose forum name begins with J is invited... Sorry dude

jay see
17th February 2015, 09:02 PM
No members whose forum name begins with J is invited... Sorry dude

Cool mine is a little j not J.

Winnie
17th February 2015, 09:10 PM
Cool mine is a little j not J.

Haha all good. Hmm so from otooles we could go up Jorgenson track and come spur track, then up to Pluto track and spud spur track, up to short spur track and lost spur track and then probably stop at Mt Selma for lunch, down Mt Selma track onto s16,then onto toomstar and toombon track back to camp.

Then we could go up and down flats and S track, then it Army track into Fulton's, then we'd be a deep Creek 4 and 5 which are still open to drive at the moment. Then we could head back into camp via pheasant Creek track or something...

Those would be the pretty hardcore tracks

I am hoping chester will come along and see all this as he knows the area a lot better than I do

Rossco
17th February 2015, 09:19 PM
Sounds pretty good. Army & fultons aren't bad, definatly deep creeks, and maybe sneak in trig!!!

Winnie
17th February 2015, 09:24 PM
Sounds pretty good. Army & fultons aren't bad, definatly deep creeks, and maybe sneak in trig!!!

I did Fulton's 2 weeks ago with the camper on. It was very steep but flat and grippy. It would be a different story in the wet though!
I planned those tracks with the help of Rudi, who is the bloke behind the Navrun events and he makes maps in that area too, nobody knows the area better than he does.

Alitis007
18th February 2015, 01:35 PM
Following but doubt I'll be able to come :(

oncedisturbed
18th February 2015, 03:50 PM
Last time I went was mid 2013 before doing my again. Having huge withdrawls from no wheeling

93patrol
18th February 2015, 04:04 PM
Last time I went out I rolled my gq I am supposed to head out next weekend. We ll see

Winnie
18th February 2015, 04:11 PM
I did not get time to scratch my ass at work today let alone look at dates to take off. Wow have I got some awesome tracks to show you guys

jack
18th February 2015, 05:02 PM
Geez just thinking about this myself, last time I went out and did anything near serious (by my standards) was when GU Camper was down. That would have been May last year - how very sad, but on the bright side I haven't broken anything on the Patrol since then.

AB
18th February 2015, 05:26 PM
That's it, I just found out that Telstra can't connect out Internet at Yarra glen this week so we are not moving factories which is a disaster!

I'm going out Saturday for a drive!!!

lucus30
18th February 2015, 07:28 PM
That's it, I just found out that Telstra can't connect out Internet at Yarra glen this week so we are not moving factories which is a disaster!

I'm going out Saturday for a drive!!!

Bummer mate. What's the issue ? There might be alternatives ?

AB
18th February 2015, 07:30 PM
Bummer mate. What's the issue ? There might be alternatives ?

Line connection for new premises.

Actually it's tennix or tennex or whoever their called who own the main cables. It's really bad news mate if we are not out of old premises by the end of the month.

lucus30
18th February 2015, 07:34 PM
No wireless out that way? Nbn or whatever? I do have a plan on Telstra 4G that is a bit of a scam that might work if you're interested

AB
18th February 2015, 07:37 PM
No wireless out that way? Nbn or whatever? I do have a plan on Telstra 4G that is a bit of a scam that might work if you're interested

I may be interested...lol

I was supposed to find out at 4pm today of connection date and then I was going to work out my options but no info yet.

Thanks Lucas, let me find out if its next week or not otherwise I need to host 12 staff with wireless for another week or so.

Cheers mate, crazy times!!!

lucus30
18th February 2015, 07:45 PM
I'll send you a PM. Last time I checked this was still able to be done

Edit: looks like they have closed the loophole

sooty_10
21st February 2015, 10:30 PM
So the last weekend in march?? Bumping this as I'm keen. ;)

Winnie
21st February 2015, 10:31 PM

I am working on it. No date set yet.

cgm
21st February 2015, 10:38 PM
I'm keen too :)

I have to take some days off this quarter, so would love to do something that last weekend in March. I have a club event on the weekend of 21/22 March which I want to help with, so prefer not that weekend.

Pedal faster Winnie ... lol

sooty_10
26th February 2015, 08:21 PM
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top ;)

Winnie
26th February 2015, 08:25 PM
I can't do this big trip until May... We will have to do something else in the meantime

AB
26th February 2015, 08:26 PM
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top ;)

I'm there, my car will look respectable this time next week!

Rear bar is being sand blasting as we speak, powder coat on Monday, done!

Ben-e-boy
26th February 2015, 08:31 PM
December for me. The last time offroad and the last time I drove it, cantcwait to drive it again

Punderhead
26th February 2015, 09:12 PM
My trip to Fraser back in September. Blew up my car 2 weeks after then lost my license after another 2 weeks!

So keen for a run sometime soon!!

Rossco
26th February 2015, 09:13 PM

I am working on it. No date set yet.

The last weekend in march is my only window for a bit. Very keen for this, sux you have to work Winnie, can you swindle something or no go at all?
If not i am happy to run something if it works out that way. . .

Winnie
26th February 2015, 09:15 PM
I just can't get time off and for the trip I have planned we really need all day Friday and Saturday. I can do a weekend just about any time though, leave Friday night and home Sunday arvo
So if we can do a weekender somewhere then do this Aberfeldy trip later on...

cgm
26th February 2015, 09:19 PM
I'm keen to drive across and join any trip. That last weekend would suit me well.

Then do another one any time Winnie can join. I haven't been out much at all either and want to change that.

Rossco
26th February 2015, 09:42 PM
I just can't get time off and for the trip I have planned we really need all day Friday and Saturday. I can do a weekend just about any time though, leave Friday night and home Sunday arvo
So if we can do a weekender somewhere then do this Aberfeldy trip later on...

How about still head up to Aberfeldy last weekend of March, but just fit in a few less tracks. Can still get a few good tracks in a standard weekend, especially if people head up Friday night or sparrows on Saturday. Can always do a bigger mission when we can fit it in later.

sooty_10
26th February 2015, 10:46 PM
How about still head up to Aberfeldy last weekend of March, but just fit in a few less tracks. Can still get a few good tracks in a standard weekend, especially if people head up Friday night or sparrows on Saturday. Can always do a bigger mission when we can fit it in later.

That's my thinking too, definitely more than happy with a weekend away. Been too long as it is.

DX grunt
26th February 2015, 10:47 PM
The last time I went 4WDing ??????????? Can't remember. lol

And Clunk's response is.......

Stropp
26th February 2015, 10:58 PM
The last time I went 4WDing ??????????? Can't remember. lol

And Clunk's response is.......

Not sure about clunk but mine would be " you can't 4wd on the bitumen"

Winnie
27th February 2015, 05:45 AM

Yeah that would be good too. There a weeks worth of tracks up there so this sounds good

Rossco
27th February 2015, 06:13 AM
OK let's lock it in then. March the 27-1 April, meet Friday night. Merringtons or otools? Or somewhere else for camp. Aberfeldy River camp is probably too small and you have to pay now (bloody PV).

I will start a separate thread later. This should be fun. . . :)

Winnie
27th February 2015, 06:32 AM
OK let's lock it in then. March the 27-1 April, meet Friday night. Merringtons or otools? Or somewhere else for camp. Aberfeldy River camp is probably too small and you have to pay now (bloody PV).

Done!! Will have to leave at sparrow's on Sunday but that's fine. Camp at O'tooles. Merringtons is usually full of tossers in Commodores.

lucus30
27th February 2015, 08:14 AM

Oh nooo I can't go...

Sir Roofy
27th February 2015, 09:07 AM
Oh nooo I can't go...
you got another wedding lol
27th to 29th for most

lucus30
27th February 2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah roofy always weddings you have no idea how many we have had the last 3 years ( I think in the order of about 25). That weekend I've got a good mates bucks though so can't skip out on this one

Sir Roofy
27th February 2015, 02:03 PM
yeah roofy always weddings you have no idea how many we have had the last 3 years ( i think in the order of about 25). That weekend i've got a good mates bucks though so can't skip out on this one

no better place for a bucks nite than o,tooles flat

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2015, 02:18 PM
Rossco just post up the facts with time and location... no options or your mind will explode..

Dont forget the disclaimer about not being a club run..

lucus30
27th February 2015, 02:25 PM
no better place for a bucks nite than o,tooles flat

Oh I agree. But unfortunately its not my bucks