PDA

View Full Version : Peruvian TD42 Build

jlsmd22
17th February 2015, 08:21 AM
Greetings to you all,

I am going to upload all the build of my Patrol, since I live in Peru, most of it will be done with parts available locally. I guess some of you will appreciate this.

It is a 2006 TD42 N/A. It has 113000kms and runs perfectly, but lacks a lot of power.

It needs a turbo, since when I took her to high altitude 4800m above sea level, it started misfiring and smoking like crazy, I diagnosed it that it was due to the lack of oxygen up there, since it was back to normal when I came back to sea level.

So here it goes.

This is how I got it,

This is how it is now

I am starting the process of the turbo installation, thanks to all of your posts, I have bought and made all the parts I need.

- I started with a TD06-4 Mitsubishi Fuso turbo, It supposedly has the same specs as the HT18, but is easier to adapt to a top mount setting I am planning, and is readily available here in Peru. It has and internal waste gate set to 10psi.
- Exhaust manifold custom made by a top header make here in Lima. As well as a 3 inch dump pipe, which will be connected to a straight through a 3 inch exhaust line. (Will upload photos soon)
Custom made hose for the oil pressure, starting from the oil pressure sensor.
- Removed the sump and welded the adapter for the oil return hose just like the safari turbo kit install guide instructs.
- Ordered an Auber Instruments EGT Gauge that i am hoping will arrive soon.
- Ordered a 0 - 15 psi Banks Dynafact Boost Gauge which arrived yesterday.
- Ordered a Turbo timer to cool down everything before shutting the engine off

That's what I have for now, I am looking for an Intercooler and I think I will have everything needed.

Hope you guys enjoy the build and of course every advise is welcome!

Stropp
17th February 2015, 10:00 PM
Sounds good, look forward to more pictures.