PDA

View Full Version : Question to those who have used GU Patrol with Traction Control (TC)

jm2004
16th February 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi All,

I bought my GU9 brand new mid last year and only managed to go 4WDriving last weekend. While going through deep ruts (opposing wheels hanging in the air) the rear wheel slid into the rut and the wheel simply rotated freely, with no braking effects typically happening on vehicles with TC. I didn't rev up to highly, just around 1000 - 1500 RPM, but could not feel the pulsating braking, the car TC light didn't flicker either to indicate it being in action. (Just earlier to that situation, we noticed that while hanging in the air the front wheel did show the pulsing braking mechanism). I had to engage the rear diff locker to get out. So my questions now are:

1) How strong / effective is the TC on these vehicles?

2) Or if there is probably problem with the TC sensor at the wheel? A friend who had GU9 had a problem with the sensor which had to be replaced by the dealer, so I wonder if this is a common problem?

Other than that, I absolutely love my Patrol :-)

Thanks in advance.

growler2058
16th February 2015, 08:13 PM
Does it only work on the front, hence the rear locker?

Maxhead
16th February 2015, 08:22 PM
Does it only work on the front, hence the rear locker?

VDC is all around but wasn't going to work with an LSD so they had to put a locker in.

On dirt roads I can get traction control to come on by giving it a boot full around the bend but haven't got it to come on tar roads.

jm2004
19th February 2015, 12:06 PM
Hi All, thanks very much for the replies. I'll bring this up with the dealer at my next service. I suspect there is something wrong with the sensor.
Cheers,