PDA

View Full Version : mods for 2 inch lift

bowerbird
16th February 2015, 11:56 AM
spoke to jamies Touring in Caloundra about 2 inch tough dog lift for 2010 GU. he said I don't need brake lines extended or brake bias bracket or caster bushes, is this correct? I plant to remove the front sway bar so not sure if the extra articulation will stretch the brake line? Looking under the front, the brake line doesn't look like it will do for a 2 inch lift??

BillsGU
16th February 2015, 12:44 PM
If you are only doing a 2 inch lift it would be a waste of time disconnecting the sway bar IMHO, as your wheel travel would not be enough for the sway bars to interfere. Yes, he is correct - you will not need any other mods.

santoitaliano
16th February 2015, 04:43 PM
With 2" lift i noticed a difference fitting and adjusting brake bias extension.... Also picked up a pair of 2" rear swaybar extension blocks form ARB (OME Brand for $15).

threedogs
16th February 2015, 07:50 PM
Have you spoken to Jim at Caloundra west 4x4 shop

bowerbird
17th February 2015, 12:52 PM
no havnt gone to cal west 4x4. I don't know that end of town well. are they also TD dealer? is it true I wont see any improvement to articulation on front axle without sway bar and 2 inch lift. I would have thought that the sway bar would put quite a bit of pressure resisting the articulation with a lightly loaded wagon? the lever arms coming out of the radius arms to the vertical link are very very short , which should take heaps of grunt to overcome

Heavyweight
24th February 2015, 07:23 PM
I just had my 2014 GU lifted by 2 inches today, it now has an EFS kit in it, with +300 springs in the rear, the work was done by 4x4 Obsession, I also inquired re caster correction bushes, I was advised that they weren't needed (something to do with the way the Nissan Patrols caster is set as it comes out of the factory, apparently Landcruisers need them if lifted by 2 inches).... Either way, it seems to drive fine, actually looks taller than a two inch lift...

shina
2nd March 2015, 12:48 PM
I just had my 2014 GU lifted by 2 inches today, it now has an EFS kit in it, with +300 springs in the rear, the work was done by 4x4 Obsession, I also inquired re caster correction bushes, I was advised that they weren't needed (something to do with the way the Nissan Patrols caster is set as it comes out of the factory, apparently Landcruisers need them if lifted by 2 inches).... Either way, it seems to drive fine, actually looks taller than a two inch lift...

Hey heavyweight I have also had an EFS kit fitted and noticed a higher than 2" lift more like 3" after measuring but after a phone call found out they have fitted 3" in the rear and 2" in the front. Now i need panhard adjustable panhard rods as its become a bit floaty in the steering but have you had any issues with VDC and traction control light on the dash coming on since the lift as mine does since the lift, only when you cruise down the freeway doing 100 for about 15 minutes then it comes on but around town its fine.

Shane

SonOf
2nd March 2015, 09:37 PM
I had an OME 2" kit in my 2003 GU and no additional mods were required. Drove great, breaking all good. Recently put a Lovell 2" kit in my 99 GU and ended up adding castor correction due to a little but noticable steering issues. Once added the old girl runs true amd drives great. Also the Lovell kit is definitely higher than the OME kit

Punderhead
2nd March 2015, 09:54 PM
2" springs and shocks is all you need. With regards to swaybar it won't make any difference to how much flex you get, but make make it work harder, I.e not let the back do all the work.

Depending on condition of your standard suspension you may find handling better with the 2" lift, due to better quality shocks.

With regards to the brake bias, I've never bothered on any car I've lifted 2", and never had a problem, however of you concerned it's just a bit of steel with 2 holes, shouldn't be dear at all.

Good luck with the lift anyway.

Cheers