PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal... :)

Dervo
15th February 2015, 11:51 AM
Hi All,

The other day I changed my rims and tyres over to something better and thought I would check out the filler area as we have trouble filling it as it always cuts out and thought it might be dented or bent... So took the wheel off and the cover to find this... Yes it is on gas and thought they might of done something when it was all hooked up...

Sorry for some reason it flipped them... just tip your screen 90 degrees clock wise... :smile:

Stropp
15th February 2015, 03:10 PM
Looks pretty dodgy, looks like they have put a reducer on the original filler for some reason.

the evil twin
15th February 2015, 04:35 PM
Last person that asked me that question showed me a sore on his willy... we haven't spoken since.

Apart from being crap workmanship as part of the LPG mod that shouldn't cause any issues refuelling.
Having said that sub tanks can be a little touchy to fill anyway.
I would check the rest of the filler hose routing and see if it has a fall all the way to the tank.

Bloodyaussie
15th February 2015, 04:46 PM
All gas fitters are hacks.... nearly every gas install I have seen has had second rate work including my favourite electrical connectors..

That reducer is normal fair as nearly all aux petrol tanks have a small filler.

Dervo
15th February 2015, 07:35 PM
Last person that asked me that question showed me a sore on his willy... we haven't spoken since.

HAHAHA Yes I did not think of that when I titled this thread...

With refueling I have tried to hold it and all different angles half in just in every combination possible.... Anything with more pressure than a trickle makes the nozzle click off... I thought it could of been my local servo but no it is everyone I have tried... There is no visible things that I can see... The hose looks good with no kinks and has fall from filler to tank so the only thing I can think of is where they have welded/braised the might be a big piece of slop on the inside... I have tried to see down it and with the torch and a long 8 gauge wire I can not quiet see what is going on...

Ok what are they meant to look like in that area??? Would it be easier just to get new filler thing and longer hose if required... I can not see any issues with replacing it but never done one...