PDA

View Full Version : Drivers front door not closing

Dave_H
13th February 2015, 11:30 PM
Hi All,

For some unknown reason my door latch has stopped working, so after inspecting the door mechanism i have found that the latch
Is not operating when closed as the mechanism is not rising up when closed. I have now pulled the door apart removing the central locking mechanism (what a bi**h of a job) and have come to the conclusion a spring of some sort has destroyed itself but hard to
Really say as it's a sealed unit.

Now my question is where can i buy one whether it be 2nd hand or brand new as i can't seem to find any online? I will try the wreckers on Monday if i can't find anything online. This is a similar product but the code is different, which is 805528990B R

Cheers.

happygu
13th February 2015, 11:52 PM
Id be putting in a new one if it is such a tough job .... dont want to have to do it twice .

They can fail in the open or in the locked position, and it is worse if they fail with the door shut

Dave_H
14th February 2015, 12:35 AM
Id be putting in a new one if it is such a tough job .... dont want to have to do it twice .

Yeah my thoughts exactly but you think i can find any online :(

I'm quite glad it didn't do it while shut as i couldn't even imagine how hard that would be.

happygu
14th February 2015, 08:09 AM
Dave,

I would try Patrolapart, who are on this site .... really good Patrol guys, and prices are better than Nissan too.

Check out the Patrol Parts tab, or grab their number and call.

They are in Melbourne, but I am sure they will post for you

Mic

Dave_H
14th February 2015, 08:39 AM
I did browse their stock but could not find anything. I'll give them a call on Monday. Cheers Mic

Dave

AB
14th February 2015, 08:50 AM
I did browse their stock but could not find anything. I'll give them a call on Monday. Cheers Mic

Dave

They are open today too mate.

happygu
14th February 2015, 09:00 AM
They have heaps of stuff that isnt on the page here ..... dont ask me where they keep it all, as their office doesnt look huge, but ask for a part, they trundle out the back and come back with one in hand ........ I think they have a secret underground conveyor system from the Nissan Dealer 1 klm down the road ....:biggrin:

As AB says, they are open today ...

Parksy
14th February 2015, 03:11 PM
I'm having troubles with the pictures not loading properly, but this website is gold for genuine spares. Have used them many times and postage is very quick.
https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/nissan/part/GL/Y61/805
If you can get the part number of the item from Nissan, use that to locate it on that site.

Dave_H
14th February 2015, 08:40 PM
Cheers for the link Parksy. Just ordered the matching number item so hopefully it's the same one (bit hard with no pictures) prices are quite reasonable to, $68usd+$15usd delivery roughly $103aud, can't complain for a new genuine part I'm just hoping it's what I'm after

Parksy
14th February 2015, 10:45 PM
Nice one! I don't suppose you asked Nissan how much they would charge for the part here in oz?

Dave_H
15th February 2015, 12:08 AM
Hahaha nah i didn't and don't worry i thought that was silly as well, i just presumed it would still be cheaper from Dubai than it would locally but yeah i should of checked but oh well.