PDA

View Full Version : Turbo oil Feed from vac pump td42

dakka1
13th February 2015, 02:26 PM
gday guys. just about to install a turbo on the old girl.

now i know alot of people run a oil line across the other side to the pressure sender but im curious as to why not alot if any have take the feed from the vac pump feed line via a T piece concidering its right next to the turbo so to speak.

my block is the older type silver top and i dont have the bung that everyone refers to so i was hoping to do as mentioned but concidering know one really has done it that i can find im unsure.

any help would be great thanks.

Bloodyaussie
13th February 2015, 02:31 PM
The spot to take it from is right next to the alternator feed where the engine mount is... Plenty of pics on here about it.

See if I can find one as AB posted pics of the spot.

dakka1
13th February 2015, 02:47 PM
ahhh ok does every td42 have that spot you refer to. if im on the same page its just a grub screw with an allan key style?? im pretty sure mine doesnt have that bung in it

AB
13th February 2015, 04:02 PM
ahhh ok does every td42 have that spot you refer to. if im on the same page its just a grub screw with an allan key style?? im pretty sure mine doesnt have that bung in it

That's it just above the lhs engine mount

Mine was seized and I ran it from the sender on the other side.

AB
13th February 2015, 04:03 PM

Do you have the bung directly under where the turbo sits for the oil drain?

Have a check there it may save you tapping into the sump too for the drain.