PDA

View Full Version : I think I need an RD28 motor

Sharky1
9th February 2015, 11:34 PM
Hey all, just posting up for a mate who has blown his turbo & stuffed his motor. I wasn't in the car but basically he reckons the oil light came on & withing seconds in was making a horrible noise. He stopped, checked the oil & there was none so he filled it & attempted to continue. A minute later the same thing happened. The crank case has been pressurising for a while. As far as I can tell turbo is not stock. The thing has way too much power for a 2.8. I've driven others & this one is/was faster. Anyhoo, the outcome is there's oil all over the outside of the turbo & oil all through the exhaust. Oh and now the engine won't crank over even with fresh oil so I'm guessing it's seized but I'm not sure exactly what has seized. I'm only helping him because I want the damn car off my front yard lol.

He now has a new car (2.5L Dsl Navara Auto) so basically wants to fix this up as cheap as poss & sell it. So I'm looking for a good RD28 complete motor with turbo either on exchange basis or not. I'd rebuild it but neither of us has time or motivation.

I told him to get a write off from auction & sell the rest of it. The only other thing I'm hoping for is maybe find someone who's done the TD42 conversion & has an RD28 in Perth that they want to sell for the right price.