PDA

View Full Version : A bit about my troll.....

cnorth
8th February 2015, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a 06 gu ute 4.2. At 180000km I took it to united fuel injection in Perth where it was fitted with 3" exh, turbo was modified and dyno tuned to suit. It made about 150rwhp. I tow a heavy trailer and asked if I should fit a pyro gauge and was told it was not needed. 18 months later at 220000km BANG head gone cylinders grabbed liners etc $13000 rebuild. The motor wasn't hot as I checked the temp guage just before it blew, the only fault we could find was two oil squirters for the middle cylinders were in the sump, but whether they came off before or after who knows? I fitted a pyro to the rebuilt engine and found it would easily go over 700 without overly pushing it so I have detuned the motor to 550 but miss the power! Just to spend more money I rebuilt the inj pump and fitted mech timing to be more reliable.
I would love to hear what needs to be done to safely make the hp towing a big anchor. I am told as long as you keep egt's down the motor can handle anything else. Is there much to gain fitting a bigger intercooler? Any suggestions? The turbo makes about 12 psi is there gains to fitting an aftermarket turbo?

Stropp
8th February 2015, 12:28 PM
Hi mate welcome to the forum, I have a ufi 16g large with 3" exhaust and cross country intercooler running 18lb of boost, definitely get an egt gauge and boost gauge to keep an eye on things, the std temp gauge is unreliable to say the least so either fit a proper gauge or you can get engine monitors to keep an eye on things. Good luck with it mate

AB
8th February 2015, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

You may want to start another thread in a different section as a lot of people don't read the introductions.

4bye4
8th February 2015, 01:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
8th February 2015, 05:08 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Avo
8th February 2015, 06:05 PM
welcome to the forum.

Dervo
8th February 2015, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

turboned
9th February 2015, 02:36 AM
Welcome to the forum, Iīm new here so I canīt help you with that.

Dhuck
9th February 2015, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

mike90mile
10th February 2015, 06:54 PM
Hello and welcome mate

torrietunna
12th February 2015, 08:25 PM
Hello and welcome , sorry I carnt help cheers

HV2002
12th February 2015, 09:59 PM
Welcome mate, this is a grate forum heaps of info and friendly people willing to help you out.

threedogs
13th February 2015, 10:01 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

Gecko17
13th February 2015, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. I run a intercooled, turbo'd diesel V8. I have EGT and Boost gauges and make sure that my radiator is always clean and filled with coolant. My temp gauges (I have three) rarely climb above normal and when they do, return to normal quickly. As an added precaution, I have vented my bonnet to reduce under-bonnet temps. Works for me. Hope this helps.

Sherro
13th February 2015, 06:20 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.