PDA

View Full Version : OzPig

Woof
12th March 2011, 10:15 PM
Saw one of these at the Wagin Woolorama today and thought they were great, has anyone tried these?
http://www.ozpig.com.au/

Finly Owner
12th March 2011, 10:17 PM
Interesting item

AB
12th March 2011, 10:20 PM
I saw the guy cooking on it at the Melbourne show...He had 2 small logs half burnt (with coal) and it was boiling the kettle and cooking sausages, etc with no smoke and working A+++

Woof
12th March 2011, 10:50 PM
The bloke at the Woolorama had a camp oven going beside it with lamb shanks (hope the sheep were not watching) and was cooking pancakes on the top, said that a milk crate of wood would last about 6 hours.

AB
12th March 2011, 10:51 PM
The bloke at the Woolorama had a camp oven going beside it with lamb shanks (hope the sheep were not watching) and was cooking pancakes on the top, said that a milk crate of wood would last about 6 hours.

Yep, I reckon they would be very efficient little cookers Doggy.

Woof
12th March 2011, 10:54 PM
Yep, I reckon they would be very efficient little cookers Doggy.

I think that I will order one next week.

Airstrike
13th March 2011, 12:24 AM
:( No fire at fraser

Dark 1
13th March 2011, 09:15 AM
Mate has one & loves it. His only complaint was that when packed down & in carry bag he couldn't fit it on the roofrack so took up a lot of room in the car.

DX grunt
13th March 2011, 10:13 AM
Mate has one & loves it. His only complaint was that when packed down & in carry bag he couldn't fit it on the roofrack so took up a lot of room in the car.

That's the only issue I have with this little beauty......space. By the time I pack everything into the pod, there's not a lot of room left.

Gotta prioritise. Need my solar panels and set up first. I'll just have to do with my little one burner Coleman...for the moment. Still does the job and I don't starve. lol

wildgu6
13th March 2011, 01:06 PM
Awsome idea. Would be a little treasure out bush, Nice find Wayne. Thanks for the link too mate...

growler2058
13th March 2011, 02:29 PM
Mixed feeleings with the oz pig. Mate got one and 1st time not bad second use smoked like nuthin youve seen like real bad, dunno if he just stuffed it up or what. Was a good insect repellant tho hahahaha

macca
13th March 2011, 05:36 PM
Often wondered about carrying one around, with the flue and all that they seem bulky.

We dont stay too long in one place to make it worthwhile.

I was told they recycled old failed gas cylinders, they were that popular their supply run out so now the get a replica cylinder from China. Been a great idea.

Macca

Clunk
13th March 2011, 05:41 PM
great little idea but I'm gathering you wouldn't be able to use it during fire season?

Dark 1
13th March 2011, 06:06 PM
I personally like the "auspit" rotisseri spit, fits anywhere you can put a fold up chair & works atreat to. We've probably done close to 25-30 meals on ours & only recently changed the batteries [2 x D Cell batteries] . Can't beat the natural smoke flavour to any meat you cook. To anyone that doesn't knows me i'm not much fussed on red meat but i love anything cooked on the spit. Will post some pics, when i can find them.

growler2058
13th March 2011, 07:02 PM
Sizewise great they pack into themselves so u basically just got 9kg gas bottle. Just had a really smoky experience that wasnt so much fun. I hate white rabbits I hate white rabbits didnt work with the ozpig on this particular occassion it was like burnin green gum leaf cough cough cough.

Definately good points put ur hand over the flu and bugger all heat

Woof
13th March 2011, 07:38 PM
Talking to the bloke who had it, he said that you had to have the door open when you were using it otherwise it will smoke badly.

Sir Roofy
13th March 2011, 07:49 PM
although i havnt got one they do seem to be very efficient but what put me of was the wieght of them and a tad bulky to pack
i was going to use it under the anex of the camper with the stack out the side

Woof
13th March 2011, 07:56 PM
Hooray, my 2 great sons are getting me one for my birthday next month...............love them sooo much.

Sir Roofy
13th March 2011, 08:02 PM
Hooray, my 2 great sons are getting me one for my birthday next month...............love them sooo much.
congrats mate enjoy the oz pig and a few beers

Woof
13th March 2011, 08:22 PM
Onya Wayno! We expect a tech thread writeup regarding construction, performance and final conclusion. Thanks.

No worries Rohan will do mate, with photos..