PDA

View Full Version : A first for SA.. $40million motor sports park. Including off road park

BigRAWesty
6th February 2015, 08:49 AM
So this is some news worth reading.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/motor-sport/fans-will-enjoy-double-the-clipsal-500-fun/story-fnii0it1-1227209803069

threedogs
6th February 2015, 09:16 AM
Calder park here was for NASCAR, drags, V8 supercar racing ,,moto cross, and yet it lays idle most of the year

macca
6th February 2015, 09:24 AM
And if its a pay for view meeting we wont get to see it.

V8SC are making a huge blunder getting in bed with pay TV, there will be a whole lot of fans that cant pay $750 per year to watch their favourite motorsport.

I'm one.

threedogs
6th February 2015, 09:27 AM
Also wasnt Eastern Creek supposed to be a multi motor sport venue as well again lying idle.
I wont be paying $750 to watch V8s thats
"Un Australian" lol

pearcey
6th February 2015, 09:57 AM
Calder pk and Adelaide International Raceway both now idle only due to an old guy who in later years decided to stuff the people who made him a fortune BOB JANE

macca
6th February 2015, 10:05 AM
Did wonder about that, great bloke must be living a sad life now

macca
6th February 2015, 10:17 AM
Also wasnt Eastern Creek supposed to be a multi motor sport venue as well again lying idle.
"Un Australian" lol

Eastern creek gets a bit of activity with the drive experience mobs, driver training, club racing both bikes and car also the bring your own days.

There is a drag strip and go-kart track that are used a fair bit as well.

Lots of people work there each week, full time not just race weekends.

Not all high profile but it certainly isn't idle.

Clunk
6th February 2015, 11:19 AM
And if its a pay for view meeting we wont get to see it.

V8SC are making a huge blunder getting in bed with pay TV, there will be a whole lot of fans that cant pay $750 per year to watch their favourite motorsport.

I'm one.

"Un Australian" lol

where did the $750 come from?

BigRAWesty
6th February 2015, 11:31 AM
Sports doesn't come in the standard subscription. That's an extra $20 a month.

Be sad if they do but its all about profit these days.

macca
6th February 2015, 11:40 AM

Isn't that the add on TV $50 a month plus, thought it was in the "fine print", their not hidden costs.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/packages-and-deals/?execution=e1s1 Sports combo

threedogs
6th February 2015, 11:49 AM
Bob Jane I brought his Motor bike years ago 81' Honda 1100r single seater one of 30 in Aust.
Think Bob just fights with his son now over the 'Bob Jones' brand, and his ex wife.

Clunk
6th February 2015, 12:09 PM
Sports doesn't come in the standard subscription. That's an extra $20 a month.

Be sad if they do but its all about profit these days.

Isn't that the add on TV $50 a month plus, thought it was in the "fine print", their not hidden costs.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/packages-and-deals/?execution=e1s1 Sports combo

ahhh yeah forgot about that, I don't have normal free to air tv, so I'm on the full on package bundled with phone and internet, so completely forgot about the basic and add ons they do.......... I thought you had maybe meant foxtel main even channel where you pay and extra $15 or whatever it is for every single event.

billyj
7th February 2015, 11:12 PM
pretty sure the ato took calder park after bobby jane didnt pay his tax bills

dave97
8th February 2015, 10:17 AM
Wonder if the track will be called OTR raceway, can't believe how many of them there are now they just keep popping up it's Adelaides version of starbucks.