PDA

View Full Version : Can people give me real world fuel economies they get from their 4.8's

SKID
4th February 2015, 08:33 PM
Can people give me real world fuel economies they get from their 4.8's
Driving around town
Driving on highway
driving off road in bush
Driving off road in sand..

StavTB48
7th February 2015, 12:54 AM
LPG roughly 30L to 100k's std rubber no lift only two bars on the roof and a steel bull bar. It's not too healthy at the moment tho....
Petrol : no bloody idea it will suck that 35L tank dry in no time and I only like to visit the servo once a week if i can get away with it unless i have been out having fun and then i don't mind :).

Sorry couldn't be much help but interested to see what others come in at.

Bulbous
7th February 2015, 03:19 AM
Mine's a manual so figures may not apply

Driving around town. 22 - 25 MPG. Stop/Start traffic is a nightmare and really hits the consumption. I try to leave a gap so I can take up the slack, but here in Dubai the clowns see a gap and jump into it. :(
Driving on highway. 18 - 22 MPG. Keep it below 100 KPH (2500 RPM) and it's pretty good. Start hammering it and it can start getting greedy. lots of fun though.
Driving off road in bush. Sorry don't know haven't got any bush here.
Driving off road in sand. 25 - the sky's the limit. Seriously, if you get your pressures right then it's actually surprisingly good. I run Yokohama A/T-S 285/75 R16 and typically deflate to 10 PSI rear and 12 PSI front. Drive in 4 HI (or 2 Hi) switching to 4 LO if required.

threedogs
7th February 2015, 11:09 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
is there a pattern emerging yet but waits there more,, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$ lol