PDA

View Full Version : Swb ford maverick/swb nissan gq chassis and mounts

Hoochthepooch
3rd February 2015, 05:18 PM
Hey guys.
I have a Nissan 88 SWB GQ Patrol which has a tb42 carby in it and an auto box which never gets used and im thinking of doing a engine and box swap from my 90 ford maverick SWB because it has a fair bit more rust and the GQ is alot cleaner. The maverick is a turbo-diesel manual with the silver top TD42. I was just wondering if all the mounts and stuff are the same and if the chassis are the same too? If i end up doing it i think i will pull everything apart in the GQ and put new suspension in it before i put the motor and box in. One of the main reasons i want to do the swap is because in the maverick the gutters have rusted out a fair bit and the front left passenger roof rack where it is mounted has a big crack in the gutter so i cant put anything heavy on the roof!

Any ideas welcome :)

Thanks guys!

BigRAWesty
3rd February 2015, 06:30 PM
As far as I'm awear mate its a straight swap. And if you can swap the looms to. The tb and td engines run the same block (all but the 4.8) and the gear boxes to. The gear ratios changed a little between petrol and Diesel engines. The one thing you may want to check is your diff ratios. I think they changed from auto to manual drive lines.

Hoochthepooch
4th February 2015, 01:03 AM
I'll be putting in the LSD from the maverick if i can because the GQ's vaccum lockers dont work. ;D

BigRAWesty
4th February 2015, 05:51 AM
Them definitely check ratios so you don't have 2 different