PDA

View Full Version : Y61 TB48e fuel pump issue?

G.Guy.Motors.NZ
3rd February 2015, 12:49 PM
Gidday from across the ditch!

New to the forum here but we are a 4wd workshop here in Wellington New Zealand and see many Patrols/Safaris. However my fathers 2006 Nissan Patrol Y61 TB48e is having a fuel pump issue.

The vehicle has traveled 78,000ks since new and at 75,000ks the main tank EFI fuel pump spat the dummy and was replaced by Nissan. Now (1 & 1/2 years later) the fuel pump is playing up again, I ran our diagnostic tool on it (no fault codes) and switched the pump on through the diagnostic tool and it went fine. Started the engine and it ran, turned it off, tryed to turn pump on again with the diagnostic tool and pump would no longer go. Tryed to start engine, nobody home? Why is this all but new fuel pump given up the ghost, I have read that the fuel pressure regulator can cause similar problems on the TB45e Patrols, is this also the case for this model?

Nissan NZ are useless and as we do not have many TB48e Patrols over here they have never heard of any such issue with them, any help would be greatly appreciated!

threedogs
3rd February 2015, 02:03 PM
First up welcome to the forum dont forget to post up an intro later polite and all.
Have you checked the earths , GU's are shocking on having bad earths, even
run new ones if possible,

jff45
3rd February 2015, 02:22 PM
I don't know if this will be of any help at all but with the TB45E the pump only runs for a second or 2 when you turn the key just to get the pressure up and resumes pumping once the engine fires..
I'm not aware of any particular issues with FPRs..