PDA

View Full Version : Front Manual Hub Compatibility

JME_GU
1st February 2015, 06:07 PM
The front hubs on my GU are playing up. I shouldn't be surprised, every 4WD I have owned with locking hubs have always played up. So the question is, do GQ manual locking hubs fit? Are they interchangeable between the GU models?

NissanGQ4.2
1st February 2015, 06:29 PM
Sorry can't remember if there the same but just take the auto locking mechanism out and lock them manually, no need for new hubs

the evil twin
1st February 2015, 08:07 PM
The front hubs on my GU are playing up. I shouldn't be surprised, every 4WD I have owned with locking hubs have always played up. So the question is, do GQ manual locking hubs fit? Are they interchangeable between the GU models?

Once they are serviced correctly I've never had any further issue with FW hubs, manual, auto or elec.

What do you mean by yours are playing up?... they may simply need a service or (as prev mentioned) you can convert them to manual operation

MudRunnerTD
2nd February 2015, 02:34 PM
Yes a GQ Manual Hub will bolt straight Up to a GU. They are interchangeable.

JME_GU
9th February 2015, 08:44 PM
My hubs are fine when set to lock, but in auto they make a heap of noise when driving.

Majestic
10th February 2015, 10:28 AM
If they are auto hubs, every person I know who has had them has had issues with them, manual are better.