PDA

View Full Version : Td42 advice

Woodys
1st February 2015, 12:29 PM
Hey folks Im after some advice
I'm currently pulling out my engine it's a 94 td42 blacktop I'm doing the turbo install etc now I don't know too much about Nissan diesels after being a hilux boy in the past....my engine is going to an engine builder if anyone can recommend someone around Melbourne that would be great...I was thinking about getting heavier duty Pistons put in to freshen her up while she's out is there anything else I should do to make it more reliable I'm not chasing big boost I just want it to tow my boat better it's going to have a new radiator, top mount inter cooler any advice is great thanks guys

Rock Trol
1st February 2015, 09:06 PM
While I don't own a 4.2 my understanding is that if its a factory turbo diesel you won't need to upgrade anything inside the motor itself. Just freshen up the parts that wear. The big improvements come from adding a decent intercooler and 3 inch exhaust. You can then adjust the injector pump and add a little more fuel which will give you more power.
A couple of guys at my club have TD42's and have extracted more power in that way. You don't need to overdo it but with a little tweaking they will tow very well.

Ben-e-boy
1st February 2015, 11:55 PM
While I don't own a 4.2 my understanding is that if its a factory turbo diesel you won't need to upgrade anything inside the motor itself. Just freshen up the parts that wear. The big improvements come from adding a decent intercooler and 3 inch exhaust. You can then adjust the injector pump and add a little more fuel which will give you more power.
A couple of guys at my club have TD42's and have extracted more power in that way. You don't need to overdo it but with a little tweaking they will tow very well.

Its not a factory TD.

Hey folks Im after some advice
I'm currently pulling out my engine it's a 94 td42 blacktop I'm doing the turbo install etc now I don't know too much about Nissan diesels after being a hilux boy in the past....my engine is going to an engine builder if anyone can recommend someone around Melbourne that would be great...I was thinking about getting heavier duty Pistons put in to freshen her up while she's out is there anything else I should do to make it more reliable I'm not chasing big boost I just want it to tow my boat better it's going to have a new radiator, top mount inter cooler any advice is great thanks guys

How big is your budget, you need to get onto SMS diesel and get some Izumi pistons (aka Mahle or UD). They will last the distance.

Woodys
7th February 2015, 01:10 PM
Got a decent budget I'll try and get onto them about some cheers