PDA

View Full Version : What do you have

Dervo
28th January 2015, 07:21 PM
Hi All, Went cruising around a few shop looking at suspension for my GQ and all I know is I am going to lift 2"... I went to 3 shops and the only guy that went out and looked under and around the car was the fellow at Dobinson's... He was not the cheapest but he included things that the others did not as he noticed things needed changing and pointed them out to me... It could of been a bit of trying to sell more or wanted to do the right thing...

Anyhoo what does everyone run in the way of suspension with lifts and brands and experiences had...

BigRAWesty
28th January 2015, 09:44 PM
Welcome mate.
So a 2" lift is as simple as springs and shocks.
Easily done at home.
Then a wheel alignment.
Some cars need castor correction and the simplest way is to install caster correction bushes.
I run old man emu. Can't fault it.

You can however get all adjustable panhard rods, sway bar links. The list is endless.
However by lifting the vehicle it will rotate the steering wheel around 10 degrees.
So a adjustable drag link can be installed. Not only an upgrade but will adjust the steering wheel back center

94Taylor
14th September 2017, 04:43 PM
Hey guys.
Been doing some browsing on some suspension and came across outback armour just wondering if anyone has anything to do with them.

Hodge
14th September 2017, 04:52 PM
Old man emu 2" lift. Shocks, springs and steering dampener. Had them in all of my owned 4x4's. Never had an issue. Pricey, but I believe it's a good product.

PeeBee
14th September 2017, 05:28 PM
Agree ARB probably performed the best for me over time until I started to 'get heavy', then I moved to Dobinsons and am happy with their service and product. They are not so product specific as say ARB, and will spend the time resolving the way the vehicle sits, I run their gear now and find it suits me.

GQtdauto
14th September 2017, 05:47 PM
I put in kings 2" lift kit , probably about a half a days work for me with a crook back , still all ok but need to do the castor correction one day .

DX grunt
15th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Got a 4.2 TDi ute with a canopy on the back- ex Telstra. Coil front, leaf back. Had the 2" lift on it before it was registered, so no pits/compliance plate needed. OME kit, I believe.

I've got a 2" lift and used WCS - West Coast Suspensions.

It was about 11 years between lifts, but with the new one, I had a bit of a sore back for a couple of days, until we adjusted to each other. lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Western Australia

threedogs
16th September 2017, 01:36 PM
04 GU 3ltr wagon 2" EFS front and back hasnt sagged a bit in 8 years
would buy again thats for sure

Bidja
16th September 2017, 09:16 PM
08 GUIV 3lt CRD = 2" Lift

Dobinson HD Coils (Front C45-130 "+ 60-80 kg") / (Rear C45-129 "+200kg")

Koni 88s shocks F/R.

Run Polyair Air Bags in rear @ 5psi unless towing substantial loads on hitch then maybe 8-10 psi

Good combo for me.

Did run Bilstein B6 off road mono tube shocks. Good handling/control but I found them a bit hash on heavy corrugations.

Have run Lovell HD coils found them quite stiff

Veh has Steel B/Bar, elec winch, steel side rails/steps. Millweld rear steel bar (6mm) with swing spare wheel carrier and swing dual jerry with axe in behind jerry holder. Spare wheel steel rim 17x8" and tucked in behind spare is a highlift jack (near 150kg out back). 3/4 arb steel roof rack and rear draws/fridge.