PDA

View Full Version : Tired of waiting ... thinking about Mamba

HuskyInAuz
28th January 2015, 09:56 AM
I now have to go OS in March, tired of waiting for UFI turbo. (Order for 18g was placed on 4th of November).

Someone, not on this forum, pointed me towards this option and is having good luck.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAMBA-GTX-Billet-Bolt-On-Turbocharger-Nissan-TD42-Safari-Patrol-TD05H-18G-8cm-/181638143049?

I have to change the dump pipe anyway whether it's a UFI or Mamba (Kinagawa) and for the price I can keep one on the roof carrier for a spare.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Stropp
28th January 2015, 06:45 PM
mate if i recall pmc had a ufi 16g which i bought from him and he bought a kinagawa 18g and did a few mods to it, not sure if its still on his wagon but pm him he may answer but i know he is busy with his veterans work and his kids not to mention his illness, but he would know for sure.

nissannewby
28th January 2015, 08:02 PM
Husky

Have you tried calling? Or you could even post on UFI thread on patrol4x4.

I personally would not use the cheap turbos but as you know plenty of people are having success with them. If you do go this route then the TD05 copies would be the best option

You could even try people who stock UFI turbos. Diesel central is one I can think of.

Another very nice option which I have come across that has some really nice specs is the Borg Warner efr range.

HuskyInAuz
28th January 2015, 08:35 PM
I was in the corporate world a long time and flaming emails just don't get positive responses from the recipient or other viewing audiences so I just move on. I've tried to be subtle about the situation, my last email from Matt on the 7th said he'd get right back to me that was 21 days ago.

I emailed MAMBA late this afternoon, I already have a response from him. I could buy two.

>>
Hi Scott,

This turbo on ebay can bolt up to fit your factory exhaust manifold and dump pipe.
That means you don’t need to make a different kit.
All you need to do is bolt it up to factory position and then adjust the fuel ratio.

Regards

Eiji Takada

HuskyInAuz
28th January 2015, 08:53 PM
mate if i recall pmc had a ufi 16g which i bought from him and he bought a kinagawa 18g and did a few mods to it, not sure if its still on his wagon but pm him he may answer but i know he is busy with his veterans work and his kids not to mention his illness, but he would know for sure.

I think he sold the 18g last time I talked to him. I'll call him before I order tomorrow.