PDA

View Full Version : Post 2004 bullbar onto a pre 2004 GU

gramgramfirey
24th January 2015, 05:15 PM
Happy New Year to all. Can anyone tell me if its possible to fit a post 2004 bullbar onto a 1998 Patrol?
Or, has anybody tied?

Stropp
25th January 2015, 01:24 AM
Yes the bar will fit all GU patrols BUT it will not fit up snug to the bottom of the grill, apparently you will need to fab mounts to get it to fit properly.

happygu
25th January 2015, 07:40 AM
I am pretty sure they fit, but as Stropp mentioned, the grill on the later models is bigger and drops down below the bottom of the headlights, meaning they had to cut and redesign the bars to suit...... the main difference will be a 1 inch gap or hole right accross between the headlights

I have seen one before, and I think the gap looks terrible to me, but if you dont care then go for it

threedogs
25th January 2015, 11:57 AM
That 1" gap under the headlights is because GU body mounts tend to flex better than a GQ.
I thought the GU has a rounded front where as a GQ would be straight,
not sure either if chassis rails are the same distant apart on the GU as the GQ.
Why put a round bullbar on a flat fronted 4x4 to me it would look all wrong

mjr350
25th January 2015, 01:29 PM
Just out of interest. My mate has a GQ and bought an ARB GU bullbar off a mate for a song with brush bars and all for the day he upgrades.
We had a go at seeing if it would fit but the bars went right across the front of the headlights but the chassis rails were the right width from memory.

gramgramfirey
26th January 2015, 04:16 PM
Thanks all, you have answered my question.
Although i think threedogs you are confused. I want to fit a late GU to an early GU, not GQ.
If i go ahead i will post pics.
Cheers...

mjr350
26th January 2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks all, you have answered my question.
Although i think threedogs you are confused. I want to fit a late GU to an early GU, not GQ.
If i go ahead i will post pics.
Cheers...

Don't quote me but qu is gu when it comes to the chassis so the bar should fit. The front grille might be a little different but nothing a 5" can't handle

gramgramfirey
27th January 2015, 05:26 PM
mjr, i like the way you think, and a mig!
Cheers.

Evo
27th January 2015, 11:35 PM
Will fit.
Have done it on mine, and I really don't care about the slight gap under the grille.
Once I put a winch on, the control box will be in the middle anyway, plus with the spotties, no big deal.

Evo

gramgramfirey
26th March 2015, 08:31 PM
Evo, yep, all done. Looks ok to me. Thanks to all for your help and advise. Cheers...

Evo
28th March 2015, 04:31 AM
Evo, yep, all done. Looks ok to me. Thanks to all for your help and advise. Cheers...

If you are keen, you can paint the bottom of the grille that would normally be hidden, in black, and it makes the gap even less noticeable (I think so anyway).

Evo

gramgramfirey
3rd April 2015, 06:49 PM
That`s a thought Evo...