PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Costa Rica... New Patrol Owner.. with plenty of questions!!

Royo-m
23rd January 2015, 02:00 AM
Hello All...

Im from Costa Rica, and a new owner of a Y61 Patrol 1999, 4.5lt 6Cyl, i love the car and the driving experience, but i need some help with the spare parts, this cars were brought to CR by the Nissan Dealer, but they have no spare parts in country so ALL must be imported by them.. and the prices are quite high.. as an example the bonnet struts.. they charge $260 EACH..!!.. and those are tiny struts!!.. imagine other parts..

So part of the reason to become a member of this forum its look for options in AU, for me to purchase and import the parts.. hopefully online AU patrol stores... any help provided its highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Roy.

AB
23rd January 2015, 03:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Try Patrolapart.com.au

MEGOMONSTER
23rd January 2015, 04:27 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

HappyCamper*
23rd January 2015, 06:37 AM
Welcome to the forum , I have no doubt that you will find the advice you need plus sum

Royo-m
23rd January 2015, 06:38 AM
Thanks so much!... i will ask a lot.. 1st question...

The front differential on the Patrol seams to be engaged for one tire/side and not for the other side, since theres a lot of movement if you do it with the hand its like 3/4 of a turn and the hubs are automatic.. so i would like to know how to disengage the hubs, and reset them.

The car came without any manual, and my father and i we like mechanics, so we know a bit.. so any help its more than welcome!

4bye4
23rd January 2015, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

happygu
23rd January 2015, 09:47 AM
Welcome Roy,

Lucky you own a Patrol, and they normally don't need too many spare parts

Dhuck
23rd January 2015, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
23rd January 2015, 07:54 PM
G'day Roy welcome to the forum mate.

Stropp
24th January 2015, 02:22 PM
welcome to the forum mate, as the others have said patrolapart for spares.