PDA

View Full Version : zd30 crd wont start

bobnjoy
20th January 2015, 10:27 PM
Hello Guys I have just bought a patrol wagon for my son its a 2001 rig with a 2 inch lift kit ,bullbar and snorkel spare fuel pump[0445010136] in back and a new chip kit on the back seat and also a engine update from a zd30 01 to a zd 30 07 crd here in lies the problem,the engine turns over but wont start just unloaded rig off truck tonight,a 07 patrol ute accelerator,ecu,and loom was fitted to try to bypass immobilizer, there are two wires going into the fuel pump only, would these /control a shut off solenoid ? or is the fuel shut controlled electronically at the injectors? is it safe to crack a injector line nut a little at rail while turning engine over to check fuel supply to the injectors.?would a test light pickup pulses at the injector wire? Son wants rig going yesterday,does not care what short cuts are taken.any snippets of wisdom would be greatly appreciated Cheers

happygu
20th January 2015, 10:48 PM
Dont advise to crack the injector lines .... fuel pressure is 22000 psi ..... could do some nasty damage

happygu
20th January 2015, 11:01 PM
Snip ........ ecu,and loom was fitted to try to bypass immobilizer, there are two wires going into the fuel pump only, would these /control a shut off solenoid ?

What do you mean bypass immobilizer .... I dont think you can bypass NATS on the 3 litre

the evil twin
21st January 2015, 12:53 AM
Dont advise to crack the injector lines .... fuel pressure is 22000 psi ..... could do some nasty damage

What happy said X 2.

If the vehicle wasn't running in the first place it could be any number of issues.
AFAIK it is extremely difficult to bypass the NATS so, sorry, cannot help you there.
If the Immobiliser light is on then you will pretty much need to figure out and fix the the cause.

threedogs
21st January 2015, 07:18 AM
Might want to get as much info from the seller as possible.

bobnjoy
21st January 2015, 10:40 PM
Thanks fellas it does not sound like a quick fix, will see if I can download any faults from ecu Cheers

bobnjoy
4th February 2015, 11:48 PM
Hello Guys , I plugged in scan tool to find codes but tool could not link with ecu.Does anyone know if a 2001 key[blue chip] ass will talk to a 2007 ecu.can I recode the key ass to match the ecu? any words of advice will be greatly appreciated Cheers

threedogs
5th February 2015, 09:58 AM
For a 2001 you will need an ECU-Talk diagnostic tool that plugs into the OBD2 port under the steering wheel.
Its the only one Ive heard of that works on the Di ZD30

BillsGU
5th February 2015, 10:36 AM
Has it ever started after the engine change? If not - then it is possibly a problem with ECU/Receiver in ignition switch/key combination. Ideally the ECU/Ignition switch and key from the original engine should have been fitted. This would simplify things greatly. A good auto elec should be able to sort it out.

bobnjoy
5th February 2015, 11:49 PM
No it has not started since change out, maybe need to buy07 key and barrel to match ecu,thanks for your help

BillsGU
6th February 2015, 05:57 AM
No it has not started since change out, maybe need to buy07 key and barrel to match ecu,thanks for your help

Would be easier to get it from the vehicle that supplied the new engine. It would all be set up ready to go. I would think that if you went from a DI to a CRD the ECU would not be the same and would have to be changed anyway.