PDA

View Full Version : I'm alive !!

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 08:09 PM
Howdy Strangers Just thought I'd pop in and quickly update those of you who had expressed you wanted to be "kept updated" .. Unfortunately I've been pretty slack and I do apologise So the FANTASTIC news is I kicked cancers butt and don't need to have chemo or even radiation as the 2 surgeries I had have completely removed the tumor & surrounding tissue :) which overall was a fair chunk of meat cut out :) still pretty sore but normal pain relieve is keeping it in check these days and hopefully I'll get feeling back in the skin at one end of scar - the doctors can't guarantee how the nerves will react.. So it's really a maybe or maybe not - either way the loss of feeling and my awesome scar a small price to pay :) (Brad reckons I should tell people I got into a knife fight with some cow who was hitting on him at the pub! LMFAO)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

growler2058
19th January 2015, 08:11 PM
Beauty! So you good to go for next weekends meetup? ;)

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 08:11 PM
This pic is my first scar Vs the second - both taken shortly after each surgery ... When they took the margin tissue they basically cut a leaf shape out around the original scar and cut it out

Sir Roofy
19th January 2015, 08:12 PM
Welcome back mate glad its turned out good for ya

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 08:13 PM
And this is my scar as of last weekend - it's healing really well - just the meat and nerves underneath that cause minor discomfort these days

The back half of the scar is numb for about 2cm either side ...

growler2058
19th January 2015, 08:17 PM
Bloody good to hear they got the bastard

Rock Trol
19th January 2015, 08:31 PM
Good news that they got it and you can avoid chemo! Wishing you a fast recovery.

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 08:33 PM
Recently also has full body CT scans and no signs of any other tumors. It was a Malignant Peripheral Nerve sheath tumor which generally only occurs in people who suffer from neurofibromatosis - a rate disease causing non malignant tumors all over the body (generally hidden within the body)

BigRAWesty
19th January 2015, 08:33 PM
Bloody good stuff shaz..

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 08:34 PM
This was Larry the Lump before surgery

rusty_nail
19th January 2015, 08:40 PM
congrats on the recovery! now you can join the zipper club!!!

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 08:43 PM
congrats on the recovery! now you can join the zipper club!!!

Hahaha I've had 2 c-sections so joined the zipper club many years ago .... They just not where you can show them off proudly

Nor can you say "this scar saved my life"
????

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2015, 09:25 PM
I
This was Larry the Lump before surgery

So the story goes that Sharen lost a heap of weight and loosing the kgs exposed what had been growing a long time. Very lucky indeed!

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2015, 09:26 PM
Recently also has full body CT scans and no signs of any other tumors. It was a Malignant Peripheral Nerve sheath tumor which generally only occurs in people who suffer from neurofibromatosis - a rate disease causing non malignant tumors all over the body (generally hidden within the body)

Sounds very average indeed! Do you now have to have regular CTs to keep an eye on it?

happygu
19th January 2015, 09:29 PM
Surgeon did an unbelievable job .... some of them are magicians....

Fantastic news that they got it all .... and I know it would be a huge relief for you too.

Mic

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 09:37 PM
I So the story goes that Sharen lost a heap of weight and loosing the kgs exposed what had been growing a long time. Very lucky indeed!

YUP ... 20kgs and now larry is gone it's time to move the last 10-15kgs!! Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 09:38 PM
Sounds very average indeed! Do you now have to have regular CTs to keep an eye on it?

Yup - X-rays & CT scans every year for at least next 5 years ?

2TROLLFAM
19th January 2015, 09:41 PM
Surgeon did an unbelievable job .... some of them are magicians.... Fantastic news that they got it all .... and I know it would be a huge relief for you too. Mic

Considering how much they cut out I'm stoked with the result ... Bi oil every day is also helping the scar heal well

mudski
19th January 2015, 10:48 PM
Awesome news Sharon. Good to see things working out for you.

Stropp
20th January 2015, 12:32 AM
Great news sharen, so good that they got it all. I use vitamin e oil, that works great on scars too, I just had a small cancer scraped off my left knee and it's healing really well with the vitamin e.

mudnut
20th January 2015, 01:49 AM
That's excellent news, Sharon.

threedogs
20th January 2015, 07:53 AM
You go Girlfriend wooo hooo
Nothing stopping you now, onwards and upwards
to infinity and beyond

TPC
20th January 2015, 09:41 AM
I like Brads idea of telling people its from a knife fight.
Great to hear it has gone well.

Gecko17
20th January 2015, 10:23 AM
Great to hear Sharon! Awesome scars too! I've had 5 melanomas cut out of my back, including one that was malignant... All good thou as they got it all when they took a larger chunk out.... I was with a soldier mate of mine one day at a pool and this bloke asked if I'd been shot... :)

So glad you beat it!

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2015, 01:23 PM
That is so good to hear.
Hopefully stays right away.

jack
20th January 2015, 01:36 PM
Great news, I'll bet that made your day

threedogs
20th January 2015, 01:38 PM
was the knife this big ?????
this is nearly 23" OA
Always reminds me of "Uncle Buck melonoma moley russells wart" lol

Clunk
20th January 2015, 04:01 PM
Most excellent news indeed

Maxhead
20th January 2015, 06:34 PM
Good news Shaz, well done mate

.....on the move

2TROLLFAM
20th January 2015, 11:40 PM
was the knife this big ????? this is nearly 23" OA Always reminds me of "Uncle Buck melonoma moley russells wart" lol

Yeah I think it was !!! LOL

and thanks everyone for your well wishes !!