PDA

View Full Version : Patrol AC

gene
15th January 2015, 06:37 PM
Hi, my name is Gene Kincaid. I just purchased a 1998 Patrol 4.5. The Air Conditioner works but it will not blow air out of the front vents. Thanks Gene.

AB
15th January 2015, 06:56 PM
Hi, my name is Gene Kincaid. I just purchased a 1998 Patrol 4.5. The Air Conditioner works but it will not blow air out of the front vents. Thanks Gene.

Welcome to the forum mate, don't forget to put up an intro about yourself in the introductions section,

First thing i would check is to see if you can change the positioning to feet and windscreen to eliminate the switching problem.

Or does it constantly blow air onto windscreen or feet regardless of moving the control?

Hodge
15th January 2015, 07:06 PM
Welcome aboard Gene. Wealth of knowledge and many friendly members here. Jump in and enjoy your stay!

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2015, 07:55 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

4bye4
15th January 2015, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

megatexture
15th January 2015, 08:02 PM
Welcome aboard and try posting your question in a new thread, this is in the introductions category and might get missed by a lot of people.

it sounds to me like the actuator(not sure if patrols have them) or a linkage to open/ close certain directions may be broken but Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the ins and outs of behind the dash as far as the aircon is concerned

Clunk
15th January 2015, 08:58 PM
G'day Gene, welcome aboard the forum

micknor51
16th January 2015, 05:56 PM
Hi Gene welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
17th January 2015, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

threedogs
17th January 2015, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Gene, enjoy your stay.
Does it sound different when you turn knob.
Could be the wire has jumped off the linkage

make sure the vents are open they have a manual thumb tumbler on them
to open or close them

Avo
17th January 2015, 11:01 AM
welcome to the forum,

onlyme376
17th January 2015, 04:07 PM
Hi and welcome
assuming it doesn't have climate control the air control flaps are controlled by cable check for the retaining clip that holds the outer of the cable in place i had the heater flap cable on mine come out of the clip which meant i always had hot air might be a similar issue

mattpatrol
17th January 2015, 08:22 PM
If the compressor is cooling and the blower is working then it could be pests nesting in the assembly. I had that happen to my nissan pulsar. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Sherro
21st January 2015, 10:45 AM
G'day Gene welcome to the forum mate.

gene
25th January 2015, 03:22 PM
Thanks to all of you for the welcome & advice. I can get the air to blow on my feet, & out of the defroster but none will blow out of the front vents. when in defrost it also blows out of the front window defogger. Thanks,
Gene.

gene
25th January 2015, 03:54 PM
To onlyme376 It does have Climate Control.
Gene

gene
3rd February 2015, 08:00 PM
Hi this is Gene with the AC problem. When I put my ac on front vent it blows out of the foot well. I can put it on defroster and it will blow out of there & the side window defogger. Luckily the back ac works well so if it keep it on recycle it does cool of. it still will not put any air out of the front vents. Thanks Gene

gene
27th February 2015, 01:28 PM
Hi this is Gene. Somehow I got my Air Conditioner to blow out the front vents and it has been working perfectly. Then yesterday my granddaughter pushed the auto button on the climate control and it switched back to what it was doing before: not blowing out of the front vents.Thanks, Gene.

Winnie
27th February 2015, 02:18 PM
So when you turn "auto" off does it go back out the front?

gene
27th February 2015, 07:46 PM
When my granddaughter pushed auto it started blowing out of the feet vents and will not go back to blowing out of the front vents. Gene.

HV2002
27th February 2015, 09:11 PM
Welcome Gene, this is a grate forum heaps of info and friendly people willing to help you out.