PDA

View Full Version : WHO MADE THE NEWS again

threedogs
15th January 2015, 08:25 AM
A blue/silver GQ with a tradies trailer was stolen in Melb this morning the
owner took chase in another car caught up and ran over the guy.
Then a big fight broke out, Thief is in stable condition in hospital.
This was breaking news, GQ was from Reservoir way

MudRunnerTD
15th January 2015, 08:34 AM
Got to see this!! Link!

Bloodyaussie
15th January 2015, 08:35 AM
Dont have the video but here is the story..

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/26002443/alleged-car-thief-hit-by-owners-car/

threedogs
15th January 2015, 08:36 AM
Thanks BA it was the last story right on 9 oclock
on 9 news
Yeah I did it ,,,you da man MR

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/01/15/08/17/melbourne-man-rams-his-own-car-to-stop-alleged-car-thief

TimE
15th January 2015, 08:52 AM
The owner should get a medal, the thief get a jar of Vaseline and a toothbrush to take on his extended "holiday", seeyouNT

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2015, 08:56 AM
The owner should get a medal, the thief get a jar of Vaseline and a toothbrush to take on his extended "holiday", seeyouNT Probably first offence, gets off community service.
Vehicle owner gets 10days in the clink for assaulting the culprit and using a vehicle as a deadly weapon.

threedogs
15th January 2015, 08:58 AM
Probably right Mego I would bet the thief has
more rights than the guy protecting his property

rusty_nail
15th January 2015, 09:05 AM
i really hope thats not how it works mego. good ending to the story tho lucky bloke gets to keep his car.

rusty_nail
15th January 2015, 09:06 AM
also, check out the bonnet on the GQ, it looks like a custom rise in the center? i wonder what he has under the bonnet?

threedogs
15th January 2015, 09:08 AM
wouldn't common sense prevail here ??

TPC
15th January 2015, 09:22 AM
I know if somebody breaks into your home you are allowed to use force but doubt they allow it for car theft.
I hope the owner doesn't get into trouble as the thief got what he deserved, the media coverage may help him.

Bob
15th January 2015, 09:33 AM
The thief is in a serious condition in Hospital and I hope he recovers otherwise the Patrol Owner could face Manslaughter charges.

The thief is a low down but you cant take the Law into your own hands and assault him. (thats a pity but it is the Law)

Bloodyaussie
15th January 2015, 09:40 AM
This all happened just around the corner from here.... the other one involving a 4wd with the owner on the bonnet of the car also happened in the same area.. gives me the shits.

rusty_nail
15th January 2015, 09:43 AM
This all happened just around the corner from here.... the other one involving a 4wd with the owner on the bonnet of the car also happened in the same area.. gives me the shits.

time to move i think mate =D tommo towns gettin ya down =P

threedogs
15th January 2015, 09:54 AM
also, check out the bonnet on the GQ, it looks like a custom rise in the center? i wonder what he has under the bonnet?

Well its dual fuel thats one thing

I feel for the guy though without his Patrol and trailer he has no income,
Im sure none of us would just wave him goodbye.[thief]

Wonder if the thief is part of the mob stealing GQs in the northern suburbs??

threedogs
15th January 2015, 10:12 AM
I know if somebody breaks into your home you are allowed to use force but doubt they allow it for car theft.
I hope the owner doesn't get into trouble as the thief got what he deserved, the media coverage may help him.

I heard if a thief tripped on a hose while attempting to burgle your place and broke their leg
they could sue you for leaving an unsafe back yard, true story

rusty_nail
15th January 2015, 10:15 AM
I heard if a thief tripped on a hose while attempting to burgle your place and broke their leg

no the case at all TDthats just an urban myth.

see https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071112044053AAYIKji

TPC
15th January 2015, 10:17 AM
Laws regarding situations like that were changed a few years ago in SA and I thought it was a national change but maybe only SA.
If someone breaks into my house I am legally within my rights to use reasonable force to protect my property.

threedogs
15th January 2015, 10:28 AM
Good,, then I can beat the living crap out of him and just tell the police ,"he tripped officer" lol

threedogs
15th January 2015, 10:31 AM
no the case at all TDthats just an urban myth.

see https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071112044053AAYIKji

I see the ones in favour of sueing seem to be from the states [dog food]

Bob
15th January 2015, 10:32 AM
Laws regarding situations like that were changed a few years ago in SA and I thought it was a national change but maybe only SA.
If someone breaks into my house I am legally within my rights to use reasonable force to protect my property.

Reasonable Force is the Criteria and I dont think running over the Thief or assaulting him would be classed as REASONABLE

jack
15th January 2015, 10:37 AM
If I was the car owner and charged, I'd elect to go for a trial by jury and plead not guilty. If I was on the jury he'd walk free.

Punderhead
15th January 2015, 11:28 AM
It will be a sad day for common sense if the owner gets charged, and/or the thief let off. Yet I feel that's exactly what's going to happen. We need to rethink our legal system!!

mudski
15th January 2015, 12:51 PM
Reasonable Force is the Criteria and I dont think running over the Thief or assaulting him would be classed as REASONABLE

I would just say I had to use reasonable force to make a citizens arrest. Not my fault the perp has weak bones...

mudnut
15th January 2015, 12:58 PM
Unless the thief, at the time he was ran over, was threatening the owner with a weapon, then the force used would be way above what was required.

But after saying that, Being in a stressed out, and in a very angry state, watching some oxygen thief take my property, I have no idea how violent I would get.

threedogs
15th January 2015, 01:04 PM
Agree like I said no one here is going to let them take your truck and gear and just wave goodbye to the lot
You will do what you have to do to try and stop them, your not thinking about what will happen,
thats the last thing that would be on my mind, They were his tools to make a living, doesn't matter insurance will cover it.
What matters is ATT you can stop this low life and keep my gear, one less clown out loose

TimE
15th January 2015, 01:16 PM
Unless the thief, at the time he was ran over, was threatening the owner with a weapon, then the force used would be way above what was required.

But after saying that, Being in a stressed out, and in a very angry state, watching some oxygen thief take my property, I have no idea how violent I would get.

"He pointed something at me Your Honour, I thought it was a gun, I defended myself. After I ran him over I went to his aid, he then said he was going to stab me, I defended myself again. I used what force I considered necessary at the time to disable the threat."

Image if this was America, after the smoke from the gun battle cleared, a million lawyers descended on the scene !

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2015, 01:32 PM
We (meaning me) found a G......k (oo) breaking into cars that were street parked, we bashed the crap out of him, rang the coppers and they said that we did more than they ever could.
Coppers turned up 3 hrs later and asked if he was still hanging around. Of course he was gone.

Hodge
15th January 2015, 02:41 PM
I fkn love stories like this. Crim gets shafted. There is nothing better. Lol

Sent from my S4 using Forum Runner

threedogs
15th January 2015, 02:48 PM
He just picked the wrong Patrol driver to Stuff with and suffered for it badly
Patrol driver 1,, thief 0

Hodge
15th January 2015, 03:57 PM
Hope the Patrol didn't endure any pain or injuries...

NissanGQ4.2
15th January 2015, 05:15 PM

I think running over the thief once is very reasonable, even after the 10th time and he is now longer breathing it still sounds pretty reasonable 2 me.

I say its about time we brought back corporal punishment regardless of how small the crime

Stropp
15th January 2015, 05:25 PM
yep you just run him over dead and stick a knife in his hand, thats reasonable force and the thief cant say you put the knife there.

happygu
15th January 2015, 09:27 PM
I thought I just heard on the news that they released the owner of the vehicle with no charges .... have to listen again to the late news to confirm....

sooty_10
15th January 2015, 09:44 PM
I just seen this on facebook and had to jump on here to see what everyone's comments were :) I think it's gold and the perp was known to police, also a second guy may have been involved. Hopefully the guy ends up with permanent injuries to remind him not to fuk with other peoples property. I think in the situation the force was reasonable, and in the same situation I probably would have done the same.

Stropp
15th January 2015, 11:51 PM
I see on fb a video clip Fromm the news and an interview with his mate, funny fe kers they are, can't get the link sorry

Avo
15th January 2015, 11:52 PM
who's to say this Fukka din't jump infront of the car................

Stropp
15th January 2015, 11:56 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=832718746770030

MEGOMONSTER
16th January 2015, 06:09 AM
That was far ken funny. I'm still giggling, what a bunch of coconuts.

Hodge
16th January 2015, 06:50 AM
I thought I just heard on the news that they released the owner of the vehicle with no charges .... have to listen again to the late news to confirm....

Yeah I think he's free to go with a secret " Well done" tap on the shoulder from the cops...

threedogs
16th January 2015, 07:53 AM
He was released with no charges laid ,,,,,,,but with summons pending.
Looked like he was joking with the police at one stage.
Good thing is he gets to keep all his tools ,trailer and Patrol
which by the way was tied to a tree outside his place with the winch cable.
Seems the low life had a cordless grinder and that woke the owner.
Not the first time a cordless grinder has been used,
a guy lost his $60k boat the same way thinking it was safe

Winnie
16th January 2015, 07:58 AM
Yep, they are a bloody great tool, in the right hands.

Agronaught
16th January 2015, 08:09 AM
Many years ago I had a young bloke pull a knife on me wanting my wallet. His knife ended up in his ribs and I nearly wound up in the clink for an extended period rather than overnight.

The only reason I got off was the individual had a history and was sky high on drugs. Apparently we're meant to feel sorry for addicts. As it turned out the same individual was shot and killed by a cop several years later.

The law protects the criminals, and assault trumps property theft, at least in nsw.

threedogs
16th January 2015, 08:22 AM
Yep, they are a bloody great tool, in the right hands.

I've seen them but never thought they would have the grunt of a 240v 5" makita
But would be handy when I buy steel and cut lengths in half to carry safely

Hodge
16th January 2015, 08:50 AM
I'm working around the corner from regent st where it happened and there is still cops and some cameras around...

This is getting more attention than a murder.

threedogs
16th January 2015, 08:52 AM
Making a case against the guy who had his Patrol stolen I think
Cops will charge him to make a statement that you cant take the law into your own hands
BS that it is I feel they will do that

Agronaught
16th January 2015, 09:43 AM
Making a case against the guy who had his Patrol stolen I think
Cops will charge him to make a statement that you cant take the law into your own hands
BS that it is I feel they will do that

Best case he'll lose his licence for dangerous driving.
Worst case he'll do time for aggrevated assult causing bodily harm.

The theft will be a mitigating factor, but it won't get him off. (IMHO).

threedogs
16th January 2015, 09:51 AM
One of those things where the heart says good on him but the head says you cant do that.
but what would you do wave at him as he leaves, not sure if calling Police would have caught him
but he couldn't go that fast with a big traddie trailer in tow. Interesting to see how this pans out

Punderhead
16th January 2015, 10:11 AM
One of those things where the heart says good on him but the head says you cant do that. but what would you do wave at him as he leaves, not sure if calling Police would caught him but he couldn't go that fast with a big traddie trailer in tow. Interesting to see how this pans out

As was said earlier, if he is charged it would do him well to
Appeal for a trial with a jury. If I was on the jury I'd let him off. I feel a lot of other people would too.

threedogs
16th January 2015, 10:17 AM
As was said earlier, if he is charged it would do him well to
Appeal for a trial with a jury. If I was on the jury I'd let him off. I feel a lot of other people would too.

Would someone give him this advice, time will tell.
I'm with you Id let him off, he has to repair two cars now and the fancy gate from the guy up the road
hopefully insurance will cover all that

TPC
16th January 2015, 08:06 PM

I just watched this with the missus, bloody funny as.

macca
17th January 2015, 05:50 AM
Why is it the police always say to not get yourself into a confrontation with a criminal?

They, the police say they are trained to deal with the situation etc. Which of course they are.

If I called for police assistance at home it will be 20 minutes minimum for them to get here from town. That may be different if a car was closer and not on another job.

I don't know about response times in the major cities, but if my or my neighbours gear was at risk I would try and do something no matter how quick they get here.