PDA

View Full Version : vibration problem

billy
10th March 2011, 04:54 PM
firstly thankyou all that have welcomed me to this site.when i can get around it a little better i will reply.i have a problem on front left wheel ie vibration between 90-100kmh.i have had wheels checked for balance regular,changedbearings,shocks,steering damper,told by tyre techs rims fine no buckles.a mate suggested getting on car balance but yet to find someone that does it in perth.does anyone have any other suggestions cheers guys

YNOT
10th March 2011, 05:01 PM
Have you tried putting a different set of wheels?

Tony

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 05:42 PM
Have you tried putting a different set of wheels?

Tony

Yep - have you ruled out slightly buckled rim, tyre flat spot, tyre deformation, tyre delamination??

Dhuck
10th March 2011, 05:45 PM
Is it vibration or shimmy. We used to do work on new patrols back then and they came standard with a shimmy. Our fix was put bigger tyres than standard. By memory they were LT285/75R16 BFG A/T's

MQ MAD
10th March 2011, 05:52 PM
When was the last tyre balance done ???
How old are the tyres ???
Get the wheel with the issue and swap with your spare
IF the vibration is gone,its the suspect wheel/tyre 1 or the other or both
Take ya what 10 mins

Dont leave it on there,last tyre of mine with issues (tyre shop closed for chrissy)let go at 100Ks (back one)
Smashed rear 1/4 panel badly , smashed taillights, and other damage

Scares the bejesus outta ya

Finly Owner
10th March 2011, 11:38 PM
Check shocks, suspension bushes, sway bar link pin rubbers, all those seem to have effect on it.

billy
10th March 2011, 11:48 PM
ye no differance had bridgees on when we bought it same deal

billy
11th March 2011, 11:06 AM
Yep - have you ruled out slightly buckled rim, tyre flat spot, tyre deformation, tyre delamination??

recently rotated tyres, doesnt matter what tyre goes on the left still same outcome.tyres only done 6000ks did it when i had brigees on too thanks for your input big rig

nowoolies
11th March 2011, 11:38 AM
have you been in mud or clay/sand
on the DX the wheels hold dirt very well ,
last year after playing in mud i thought my wheel balance was out
well it was full of dirt the tyre mob cleaned it out and no more wobbles
just a thought , have a look hopfully your`s is the same

YNOT
11th March 2011, 03:55 PM
Check the brake rotar to see if the ventilation holes are caked with dry mud.

Tony

simongnz
22nd March 2011, 02:31 PM
My GQ had a savage vibration at about the same speed - felt really bad. Turned out to be a totally munted suspension bush from one of the panhard rods which couldn't be seen until it was removed.