PDA

View Full Version : panhard rod bushes sliding ?

huardlc
10th January 2015, 05:03 PM
hi all i have a little problem regarding my front panhard rod bushes. replaced them not that long ago and i found at that they have the tendency of sliding outside of the tube wher they fit. they are perfectly centered at first but after a while, they become off center wich make the bar holder touching the chassis or diff...
any ideas guys or what might cause that?
thanks larry

MudRunnerTD
10th January 2015, 05:34 PM
Sounds like the ring housing is elongated and therefore Knackered mate. The bush is a press fit and should stay embedded. Find a replacement second hand or upgrade to a HD adjustable one

huardlc
10th January 2015, 09:17 PM
yes thats possible thanks for that. i wonder if the chassis bracket is not out of shape too cause the bushes are not even 3 months old and the car is doing only normal road use . but when i got that car, everything was ''dead'' suspensions, all the other bushes, tie rods and so on. so wouldnt be surprised that at one stage all that became loose and didnt get anyattention, causing all the specs to go off.... thanks for your message mudrunner

mudski
11th January 2015, 01:09 AM
The chassis end on the Panhard bush can't go any where really. The diff end is different. As MR said. Get another Panhard, new. It sounds like if the bush is moving in the rod, it's knackered.

Bushy674
13th January 2015, 09:21 PM
The urethane sets come in two piece for each end with a shoulder so they will stay central, might be a cheaper option than a replacement pan hard rod. Good luck! Let us know how you go...