PDA

View Full Version : Greetings fellow Patrol enthusiasts!

Mango
10th January 2015, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone thought I'd post my intro thread to say g'day to everyone.

G'day, I'm Brendan, but everyone has known me as Mango since an early age. I'm from Perth, near the hills region only about 10 min from the Mundaring powerlines run if anyone goes there.

MY BACKSTORY
Towards the end of 2013 I bought my first 4wd, a cheap shitty $3000 '91 2.5td Pajero, it was fun and I had a lot of plans for it, but it had problems and the previous owner made a mess under the bonnet. In the first few months of 2014 some lowlife degenerate decided they needed it more than I did and drove off with it while I was inside the house no less than 15m away. After the police telling me it was used in a jewellery store ram raid and then late burnt out after becoming bogged I got into a "I'll stick with my Commodore for now" slump.

REDEMPTION!
Now here we are at the beginning of 2015 and it's already been very fruitful for me, I picked up only last Monday a 2003 GU III ST Wagon, 3.0TDwith a manual box, hammertone bullbar and LED lightbar, 3" lift and UHF for quite a nice price considering the going rate on Carsales and Gumtree. The seller had known about the troubles of the 3.0L so there is plumbing under the bonnet to manually alter the boost which is at 15lb and wind the needle thingy in and out which is apparently what stops the engines blowing up? She is that goldish/champagne colour with the light grey "W" interior trim. Since buying it on Monday I've been steadily making it my own, Tuesday was transfer/stampduty day but I while i was there I felt it necessary to get personal numberplates, I went with "MMM 314" (fat guy joke AND a maths joke, how could I go wrong?) Wednesday I replaced all the standard alloy wheels with black steel CSA rims and put 3 new A/T tyres on it, the front and rear tyres were different brands but in my opinion the fronts 'looked' cooler so 3 more Falken Wildpeak 285/75-16's were put on the rear and spare. Thursday saw the tint go on, 20% security film all round (feels so much thicker, like 5 layers of normal tint thick) and yesterday I had a turbo-timer installed for peace of mind.

Things I've yet to do:

- I need to find a loud alarm system with immobiliser that works with a turbo timer in case those low-lifes come back.
- New winch bullbar/siderails/steps with underbody protection
- Re-plumb underbonnet boost control with proper black lines to look standard and properly mount to body without cable ties
- Roof Rack and ladder and all the little bitz n bobs that go on the roof rack
- Hidden 9L air tank behind L/H rear boot trim plumbed up to Scania airhorn in roof rack and air tool fitting/s
- Drawer system which ill probably build myself which will have a hidden 2nd battery under one of the wings for all the rear stuff inc. the air compressor
- New A pillars with integrated gauge pods painted to W trim (3 on drivers side for Boost, EGT, tweeter - 2 on passenger side for Tank Air Pressure, tweeter)
- Complete overhaul of stereo with proper and clean wiring that doesn't attract attention
- New UHF with speaker mounted between roof console lights and slimline unit mounted at the front of the roof console above the mirror (if that makes sense)
- HID spotties and LED lightbars

I hope to turn each of these little projects into topics with pictures for you all and get your c&c, and although I havent actually taken her into the mud tracks for fear I'll actually do something bad like be upside down, I hope to see you Perthians out there at some point!

Thanks for reading,

Mango!

Clunk
10th January 2015, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard Mango, good to see another Sandgroper on here

Stropp
10th January 2015, 01:13 PM
gday mango and welcome to the forum, clunk and i do a few trips to the powelines

Mango
10th January 2015, 01:25 PM
Awesome! Ive just clicked your sig link too Clunk and registered there!

4bye4
10th January 2015, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Mango. And welcome to Western Patrol as well. Tony

threedogs
10th January 2015, 01:38 PM
Hello Mango and welcome to the forum I'd be ditching the turbo timer but thats just me.
Throw up a few pics of your pride and joy mate keen to see your "baby"
Nice sensible mods to I like that.

PS I dont think insurance co. like turbo timers either

Clunk
10th January 2015, 02:09 PM

nice one mate, there's quite a few members of the WPC club who are on here......... they're a good friendly bunch

growler2058
10th January 2015, 03:23 PM
Gday Mango welcome aboard mate

threedogs
10th January 2015, 03:28 PM
I thought GU's had a good security system from scratch,
called NATS

Sherro
10th January 2015, 05:36 PM
G'day Brendan welcome to the forum mate.

the evil twin
10th January 2015, 05:46 PM

Welcome to the Forum... watch out for them WPC dudes tho, most of them have had too much sand in their gears.

mudnut
10th January 2015, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mango. Great write up for your intro.

Hodge
10th January 2015, 07:36 PM
Welcome aboard Mango. Wealth of knowledge and many friendly members here. Jump in and enjoy your stay!

Dhuck
11th January 2015, 12:11 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
12th January 2015, 06:22 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

mattsexton247
12th January 2015, 10:00 PM
welcome to the forum mate.