PDA

View Full Version : TB45 turbo question

dakka1
6th January 2015, 09:23 PM
hey guys jusy a couple of questions for those who have done the turbo jobby on there tb45's.

is it possible to do one with a high mount setup?
if so does the standard airbox setup work?
and does the aircon line need to be moved?

any help would be great thanks guys

jff45
16th January 2015, 10:11 PM
hey guys jusy a couple of questions for those who have done the turbo jobby on there tb45's.

is it possible to do one with a high mount setup?
if so does the standard airbox setup work?
and does the aircon line need to be moved?

any help would be great thanks guys

The standard airbox is pretty big and has the MAF housing badly placed for a turbo install.
If you saw my turbo thread, you'll see the TD42/ZD30 airbox drops straight in and makes life easier.

I did a fair bit of research before starting my project and found the low mount manifold better suited to my needs but if you do a Google search on "TB45 turbo" and check some of the images you might see an installation close to what you're thinking of doing..

Royo-m
23rd January 2015, 08:48 AM
Hi jff45,
Can we use the intercooler from any of the TD engines on the TB45?...

Im planning to add a snorkel to my TB45, and if possible to fit an intercooler on top of the rocket valve cover.. so my question its more related to the usage of the patrol TD intercoolers.

Thanks!

jff45
23rd January 2015, 11:48 AM
Hi jff45,
Can we use the intercooler from any of the TD engines on the TB45?...

Im planning to add a snorkel to my TB45, and if possible to fit an intercooler on top of the rocket valve cover.. so my question its more related to the usage of the patrol TD intercoolers.

Thanks!

I'm in no way an authority on intercoolers. I just bought the biggest I could fit under my bonnet, without being silly, and added a fan and big scoop just to be sure.

I have read, however, that the TD (assume you're referring to TD42) turbos are too small for the petrol engine 4.5 so I'd also assume the IC would be too. That said, there are those who run turbos with no intercooler but I don't know if "anything is better than nothing" in this particular case.