PDA

View Full Version : Zo's GQ. G'Day Everyone

Zo's GQ
6th January 2015, 07:49 PM
Hi All,

My name is Zoe and I'm from Darwin. I've been 4WDing for over 10 years with most of my adventures so far being in Queensland and the beautiful territory. My first 4WD was a SWB Zook for a thousand bucks which meant it was a bucket of ...... Well you get the picture. I am a firm believer that all young 4WDer's should start their offloading in an old bucket because it forces you to THINK about where you are putting your wheels or you simply won't be going where the big boys go. The Zook ended up as a tiny single cab ute before going off the road. Next came a Hilux and even a JEEP! Don't worry, I got the jeep before they made THAT ad. Anyway the Jeep had it's purpose (beach trips up DI and Rainbow beach and LCMP) but shortly after the move to Darwin occurred. The reason this is significant comes down to the wet season. A soft top TJ is not built for wet weather (unless you are swinging around in the mud) nor is it built for long trips with a cool 22L per 100 fuel economy. I recently purchased my 94 GQ from a mate in QLD who had done the ute conversion. I've had her for about 6 weeks now and done over 8000km to get her home and take a short trip to the Kimberley's over Christmas. I've bolted on all the touring gear that's been waiting in the shed and also have a lot of plans for the old girl in the future. I'd love to hear your tips and tricks in regards to mods you recommend or trips you have been on. Cheers Zo

growler2058
6th January 2015, 08:22 PM
G'day Zo welcome aboard mate

Clunk
6th January 2015, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard Zo, nice looking chopped Q you have there

MEGOMONSTER
6th January 2015, 08:45 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Sherro
6th January 2015, 10:27 PM
G'day Zoe welcome to the forum.

Drewboyaus
6th January 2015, 10:48 PM
G'day Zoe, welcome to the forum.
Plenty of great info around this place. Looks like a great GQ too....and its a whitey.....white GQ's are the best Patrols! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Avo
6th January 2015, 10:51 PM
welcome to the forum..great looking rig.

Dhuck
7th January 2015, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

threedogs
7th January 2015, 07:12 AM
Hello Zoe and welcome to the forum, I love full size dualcabs and utes.
Jump in anytime and enjoy

4bye4
7th January 2015, 09:49 AM
G'day and welcome Zo.

Stropp
7th January 2015, 11:15 AM
hello and welcome to the forum Zo, nice looking rig you have there, agree with the starting off with a cheapy 4x4 to teach the first timers. The territory and kimberley have some great places so keep those piccies coming.

Bushy674
8th January 2015, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the forum matey, nice GQ!