PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol help needed

allthewayal
5th January 2015, 07:01 PM
Hi All
My name is allthewayal and I am new to this forum although I have looked at posts a while. I have a 2002 Nissan 3lt patrol diesel GU. We have noticed it lunges around 3000rpm and we took it to our mechanic who put it on his test and it came up with fault code 31 ecm2. He told us he cleaned the manifold earths but we needed to find out what ecm2 was. After looking at this forum it seems to be that a few have had the same issue. Can anyone please help me with this issue. I have a dual battery system with Red arc to run the fridge etc on. I was going to add another earth strap from the gear box to chassis would this help

growler2058
5th January 2015, 07:13 PM
Gday Al welcome aboard mate

Clunk
5th January 2015, 07:15 PM
welcome aboard mate, sorry I cant help with your question but you may want to ask in the appropriate section as not everyone reads the intros.

Hodge
5th January 2015, 08:07 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Wealth of knowledge and many friendly members here. Jump in and enjoy your stay!

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2015, 08:45 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

4bye4
5th January 2015, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Don't know about the code but I don't think you can ever have enough earths. I have a dual battery set up and run from neg on each battery to chassis and also have the two battery negs connected. Earth straps from chassis to g/box and engine. I have had so much trouble over the years on equipment that I work on due to earths its not funny. On Boxing day I was called out to a sweeper that had been diagnosed as a flat battery. Owners called out one tech to fit a new battery but that didn't help so he wanted to get a new starter motor. In desperation they called me and I found bad earth battery to chassis. Anyway welcome to the forum, didn't mean to rave on.

Dhuck
5th January 2015, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Stropp
5th January 2015, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate as indicated before post your question in the electrical section you will get a better response.

threedogs
6th January 2015, 09:49 AM
Hello and welcome X 2 with 4bye4 can never have enough earth straps.
You can try disconnecting the battery for 1/2 and hour to as it may re-set the ECU.
Always make a point of cleaning the MAF sensor, easy job, takes 5 mins

Sherro
6th January 2015, 10:15 PM
G'day Al welcome to the forum mate.

Dave_H
6th January 2015, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the forum, lots of useful information on here as well as a wealth of knowledge from it's members.