PDA

View Full Version : redman

Redman
9th March 2011, 07:45 PM
hey guy's, got a little problem thought some one might have encounted befor. After getting stuck in fairly deep bit of muddy water my clutch feels grainy through the pedal, i have a feeling it's full of crap from th pond. i was woundering if there way to clean it out without having to pull half the clutch out? is there an inspection plate?

Any assistance would greatly appreciated cheers

Dhuck
9th March 2011, 07:50 PM
hehehehehehe

Redman
9th March 2011, 07:59 PM
some one always has a bloody camera!!!!!

big_fletch
9th March 2011, 08:01 PM
Haha what can we say mate, we love seeing pics lol

Clunk
9th March 2011, 08:06 PM
I'm not one to laugh at other peoples misfortunes, but when it come to getting stuck, reckon it's fair game hahahahahahahaha........................ and I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of times when it happens to me, so feel free to wet yourself when I do..... Oh hold on you're all ready wet lmao

YNOT
9th March 2011, 08:54 PM
There is no inspection plate but there should be a small rubber bung in the bottom of the bell housing. If the bung is there remove it and drain the bell housing, make sure the drain hole is clear especially if the bung was missing.
You could also try spraying water in through the rubber boot around the clutch release lever and letting it drain out through the bottom, but I don't think it will achieve much.

Tony

Finly Owner
9th March 2011, 09:23 PM
Nice try at the pond REDman

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 12:09 AM
How's the interior looking after it's first mud bath also?? LOL ... hope you sort the clutch problem mate - appreciate you are off on a long trip, so best get it sorted.

Redman
10th March 2011, 08:32 AM
Man it took me about 3 hours and i hade to take all the seats out, pull all the carpet up and take out all the felt absolute bitch of a job but it's all good now gave it a carpet clean and deodorised the hell out of it, the smell now is some were between mouldy ass and the first 50 mtr of a myers department stor. but it's all GOOOOOOOOD.

as for the rocket, took it down to clean it and tryed 2 waysm, first a i took your advice ynot and then i just stuck the pressure washer rite into the bung hole at the base, and it seems to be alot better now. thanks for every ones input helpfull or not.

Did i leaarn my lesson and yes i did, im going to need a 4 inch lift and some 35 next time lol

cheers Adam

Bigrig
10th March 2011, 08:36 AM
Man it took me about 3 hours and i hade to take all the seats out, pull all the carpet up and take out all the felt absolute bitch of a job but it's all good now gave it a carpet clean and deodorised the hell out of it, the smell now is some were between mouldy ass and the first 50 mtr of a myers department stor. but it's all GOOOOOOOOD.

as for the rocket, took it down to clean it and tryed 2 waysm, first a i took your advice ynot and then i just stuck the pressure washer rite into the bung hole at the base, and it seems to be alot better now. thanks for every ones input helpfull or not.

Did i leaarn my lesson and yes i did, im going to need a 4 inch lift and some 35 next time lol

cheers Adam

Good stuff mate - glad it's sorted, but a bigger lift and bigger tyres will only make you a bigger goose next time you get stuck!! LMFAO!!! Love it!!! One of the highlights of the weekend - well done champion.

Have a safe trip and looking forward to the next meetup!!

eliurquhart
5th July 2012, 01:20 AM
hey mate, how did your clutch last after you sprayed through the clutch boot seal....?? I have the same delema to a degree

Dhuck
5th July 2012, 07:20 AM
You wont get much of a reply from him mate. He does not get on very often. As for his clutch, it is still going hard and strong.