PDA

View Full Version : Where to get power for lights in guages

Remdogg
5th January 2015, 12:53 PM
I have fitted a couple of guages and need to hook up the lights. I tried the pink wire on the back of the dimmer with no luck. The voltage moved up and down with the dimmer so I thought it would have worked. Is there any easy to get to locations to get the power from?

Winnie
5th January 2015, 01:00 PM
Back of the cigarette lighter, one in the ash tray as well. Those are both easy.

the evil twin
5th January 2015, 01:04 PM
Back of the cigarette lighter, one in the ash tray as well. Those are both easy.

I didn't think they dimmed?

I have fitted a couple of guages and need to hook up the lights. I tried the pink wire on the back of the dimmer with no luck. The voltage moved up and down with the dimmer so I thought it would have worked. Is there any easy to get to locations to get the power from?

For adjustable lighting in the gauges the back of the Dimmer is best.
Remember, the dimmer works by raising earth not dropping the 12 volt supply.
So you need to connect your gauge lighting +ve to 12 volts and your gauge lighting -ve (usually labelled earth) to the dimmer

Remdogg
5th January 2015, 04:14 PM
I didn't think they dimmed?

For adjustable lighting in the gauges the back of the Dimmer is best.
Remember, the dimmer works by raising earth not dropping the 12 volt supply.
So you need to connect your gauge lighting +ve to 12 volts and your gauge lighting -ve (usually labelled earth) to the dimmer

Thanks for that helped me figure it out. The blue was power and pink was nevitive that went to the dimmer.