PDA

View Full Version : NADs started (to a degree)...

teach
5th January 2015, 11:47 AM
Got the oil catch can finally fitted. Took a bit of buggerising around to find all the components (finding 1" oil resistant hose proved difficult). Went with 19mm oil resistant hose as it fits snug into Provent 200 outlets/inlets and used some shrink wrap. Brass reducers to ½" hose. Found out during assembly that only the hose from engine to ½" and the other connection near the air filter (mind my ignorance of the correct terminology) is actually around 15-16mm, hence requiring another reducer (lucky I had seem 19mm hose spare).

A friend made the bracket for the oil catch can at work (he did a great job - made from 1 piece of stainless steel). Avoided installing in the space left for the 2nd battery (so I can install one at a later date), but tricky as there are a bunch of little pipes in the area (again not sure what they are for - air con? power steering?) so they needed to be negiotiated.

Next is the gauges (and likely 2.75" exhaust).

Most likely took me a lot longer than most (being a novice) but thoroughly enjoyed and learnt a little on the way.

Thanks for all the tips and advice on the forum, could not have done the job without it.

Hodge
5th January 2015, 11:53 AM
Good job mate! Looks very neat as well. Nothing better then modding something on your own truck, and learning along the way.

threedogs
5th January 2015, 12:26 PM
Not oil resistant but most here have used XA ford heater hose
as its flared at the end so will fit all outlets sizes.
Neat job too a feeling of mission accomplished I think when you do it yourself

paulyg
5th January 2015, 02:47 PM
I used the ford heater hoses, so far no problems, the are cheap so when they start to go I will just replace them.

TheController427
16th January 2015, 12:37 AM
Im doing this next week. hope it isnt too hard. how did you get the hoses? just supercheap or repco or something like that?

threedogs
16th January 2015, 08:08 AM
Yes I would think so

paulyg
16th January 2015, 06:25 PM
I got them at Bursons, they are a common part should be able to get at any auto parts place.

Dr Gary
17th January 2015, 10:31 AM
I got the correct hoses--two sizes--large hose to fit Provent, nylon reducers and clamps as part of the fitting kit from Western Filters. Just make sure you tell them the hose sizes you need My 2004 Di needs 12mm and 16 mm. Neat, fits and no worries about oil resistance.

Im doing this next week. hope it isnt too hard. how did you get the hoses? just supercheap or repco or something like that?