PDA

View Full Version : Neilmallardscenicartist

Neil.mallard@bigpond.com
2nd January 2015, 08:24 PM
Hi, can someone please help me, I have by accident connected my batteries incorrectly, and now appear to have dead circuits and cannot get any readings on my dashboard, has anyone encountered anything similar and where is the weakest link in the circuits? Any ideas please?

4bye4
2nd January 2015, 08:27 PM
Hi Neil, you like to tell us a bit more about yourself. You have probably blown the man engine fuse. What vehicle and what engine?

the evil twin
2nd January 2015, 09:40 PM
Hi, can someone please help me, I have by accident connected my batteries incorrectly, and now appear to have dead circuits and cannot get any readings on my dashboard, has anyone encountered anything similar and where is the weakest link in the circuits? Any ideas please?

Many Patrol variants will have fusible links in the power cables from the +ve terminal of the battery.
That is a good place to start checking.

This thread is for introductions from new members so if you post up a G'day here then post up another thread in the Electrical section you will get more answers quickly.

Try and include what works and what doesn't plus model and engine

.... and... finally... welcome to the Forum

Stropp
2nd January 2015, 10:21 PM
Welcome along Neil hope you get it sorted mate.

Dhuck
3rd January 2015, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
3rd January 2015, 09:37 AM
Welcome aboard mate

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 11:09 AM
welcome Neil some sound advice for you there, enjoy your stay

Neil.mallard@bigpond.com
3rd January 2015, 11:09 AM
G,day and thanks

Neil.mallard@bigpond.com
3rd January 2015, 11:16 AM
G,day and thanks, I think it is a 1984 160 & 161 series, it is a 4x4 flat bed ute and I use it on my bush property for wood harvesting and back-up Fire escape, it is as strong as an ox and brilliant. The manual doesn't provide engine map or circuit diagrams. Our place is too remote for auto electric servicing and I only have a rudimentary knowledge of deisal engines. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated
Cheers

Stropp
3rd January 2015, 12:12 PM
pm yendor he is the auto sparky guru

Neil.mallard@bigpond.com
3rd January 2015, 12:36 PM
How do I contact pm yender

the evil twin
3rd January 2015, 03:15 PM
How do I contact pm yender

I think you mean Yendor...

On the tool bar at the top of the forum pages is "Private Messages" (grey background white writing)
Click on that and it is pretty easy to work out after that

OR

find one of his posts and click on his user name

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2015, 03:54 PM
Click here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=2804) to send Rodney ( Yendor ) a pm

Sherro
3rd January 2015, 10:00 PM
G'day Neil welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2015, 08:37 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.