PDA

View Full Version : Fires - Stay safe people

Hodge
2nd January 2015, 03:58 PM
For those, and if any affected by fires, stay safe! Things are popping up on the CFA map left right and center. Tonight and tomorrow shall be interesting.
Picture as of 4.30pm.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53325&stc=1

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2015, 04:03 PM
Stay save guys, I've been keeping an eye on the CFA website after I found out about them on my local firewatch fb page. Not looking good for some areas :(

AB
2nd January 2015, 04:06 PM
Pretty damn hot and windy!

Tomorrow is a killer at 41 degrees with a cool change at 4pm!

My brother has come early to prepare his property with slashing and getting pumps ready.

Me = this place can burn, as long as the family, dogs and gq are out of here then that's all I need!

Agronaught
2nd January 2015, 04:07 PM
One of the reasons I bought a camper... when I lived in a fire prone area that is. Always had it ready to hitch and run.

Keep safe people, family first.

Cheers.

Winnie
2nd January 2015, 04:09 PM
I have not had a real callout since I joined the CFA, reckon that might change tomorrow.

cgm
2nd January 2015, 04:25 PM
I have not had a real callout since I joined the CFA, reckon that might change tomorrow.

Mate, might not be the best day for an intro to fighting a real fire! Look after yourself if you do have to go out.

mudnut
2nd January 2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah, Winnie. Look after youself, mate. Fingers crossed the fire bugs will leave us alone.

threedogs
2nd January 2015, 05:08 PM
tomorrow will test everyone 41 and windy,,,,,, isn't going to help anyone

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2015, 05:08 PM
Fark, just seen it on the news :(

Bloodyaussie
2nd January 2015, 05:37 PM
Its 39.6 at my back door right now at 6pm... bloody crazy.

Hodge
2nd January 2015, 05:50 PM
Its 39.6 at my back door right now at 6pm... bloody crazy.

And it won't fall bellow 27 supposedly. Thank fark it's not humid though.
Nice and cozy next to the fridge though.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53350&stc=1

BigRAWesty
2nd January 2015, 11:39 PM
Currently a big one out of control between Millicent and mount Gambier.
Gelburnie has been evacuated and a couple of properties already lost.
I think its in the pines so will be difficult.
Hopefully this cooler change aids the guys working hard threw the night

Cuppa
3rd January 2015, 10:00 AM

I doubt you are reading this right now Winnie. A bushfire has just been reported near to Thorpdale. Stay safe mate.

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 10:05 AM
I doubt you are reading this right now Winnie. A bushfire has just been reported near to Thorpdale. Stay safe mate.

I got the CFA call out but I am at work... Spewing... It has been reported as pine tree roots on fire, nothing to worry about yet.
Thorpy is safe with all the spud paddocks surrounding us =)

Cuppa
3rd January 2015, 10:08 AM
I got the CFA call out but I am at work... Spewing... It has been reported as pine tree roots on fire, nothing to worry about yet.
Thorpy is safe with all the spud paddocks surrounding us =)

CFA app is now reporting it as ’safe’.

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 10:11 AM
CFA app is now reporting it as ’safe’.

Yes I called the guys before, was a very very small grass fire, they spent about 30 seconds putting it out.

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 11:00 AM
hope it wasn't deliberate GGGRRRrrrr

big_fletch
3rd January 2015, 11:30 AM
Between shepparton where I live and tatura over the last 12 months there has been roughly 40 deliberately lit fires which I find disgusting. . I travel the road regularly and have had too call the cfa several times for roadside fires, trying too put them out with my fire extinguisher and on board water waiting for them too arrive ( they are bloody quick too get out there too).
Apparently police made an arrest over the last day or 2 so I hope that person cops the full blow of the law

Like winne I am also in the emergency services, not the cfa however and it's been busy enough without people deliberately adding too it

Hodge
3rd January 2015, 11:43 AM
How in one's right mind, someone "deliberately" lights stuff is just beyond me. I can somewhat understand, somebody (still not the right thing to do) chucking a ciggie butt out, and it ignites something... But deliberately going out of your way to light a fire is just farked. In the country we live in, so prone to devastating fires, law should be super tough no questions asked maximum punishment to one caught and proven guilty.

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 02:29 PM
got me beat what makes ppl want to do this,
some female was arrested for lighting fires on the news last night,
Totally agree to throw the book at them, things can be rebuilt and insurance covers other things
but how do you replace loved ones , Hang em I say

Hodge
3rd January 2015, 02:49 PM
CFA map is filling up very fast... Not good. :S
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53380&stc=1

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2015, 03:09 PM
Not wrong Hodge, Have read strong winds and lighting strikes and aslo pissing down with rain in some parts of VIC

Hodge
3rd January 2015, 03:14 PM
Not wrong Hodge, Have read strong winds and lighting strikes and aslo pissing down with rain in some parts of VIC

Yeah :( Lot of bad weather with lightning coming from west now... Not what firefighters needed. I take my hat off to those blokes any time...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53381&stc=1

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 05:32 PM
Emergency called for the Morninton peninsula fires at Hastings
Very pannicked on the news , hope that rain come early.
Got a mate down there and cant contact him

340 fires across Vic thats insane

Hodge
3rd January 2015, 05:35 PM
Emergency called for the Morninton peninsula.
Very pannicked on the news , hope that rain come early

Yeah saw that before. The rain isn't far away. It's about to shake Melbourne.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53385&stc=1

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 05:39 PM
I can smell the rain,,, sky is black as. cant come soon enough
wind has stopped now.
some 17 yo caught lighting fires no sure where

menace 2
3rd January 2015, 05:39 PM
Firies on their way to Lysterfield ...not sure what size

Hastings pub has been evacuated also apparently

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 05:45 PM
I have a mate down Hastings but I cant contact him hope he's safe.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd January 2015, 05:46 PM
Firies on their way to Lysterfield ...not sure what size

Hastings pub has been evacuated also apparently

Yeh Hastings, Bittern and Crib Point are currently under Emergency

Cuppa
3rd January 2015, 05:54 PM
If anything like we got in Ballarat don’t expect a huge amount of rain. It looked impressive on the radar & brought down the temperature but the ground is starting to look dry again already. Really didn’t amount to much. Hoping we might get a bit more still. The wind brought a sizeable gum tree down in our garden. Looks like my saw is going to get it’s first bit of work in a while. (Grumble grumble).

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 06:01 PM
If anything like we got in Ballarat don’t expect a huge amount of rain. It looked impressive on the radar & brought down the temperature but the ground is starting to look dry again already. Really didn’t amount to much. Hoping we might get a bit more still. The wind brought a sizeable gum tree down in our garden. Looks like my saw is going to get it’s first bit of work in a while. (Grumble grumble).

A bit of winter wood for you.
supposed to be huge hail stones too, but I think its slipping down the south, caused its passed Melb and we received nothing here
as I type a hear some thunder, fingers crossed

mudnut
3rd January 2015, 06:16 PM
It looks ominous here at the moment, not much precipitation. I'm glad I wasn't travelling through Millicent. I hope all the locals are alright and the road is clear for me to get to Cape Jaffa.

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 06:19 PM
few spots of rain here atm
hey Marj the rains are here
now its really raining

Edit getting good rain atm hope the firies get it too

threedogs
7th January 2015, 01:54 PM
appears that 5 fires north of Melb have been deliberately lit, rrrrrrrrssoles
what makes theses morons tick, thats all they are is a moron

MEGOMONSTER
7th January 2015, 10:54 PM
I saw 6-7 fire truck hurtling down the Calder towards Sunbury today about 8-8:30. Hope everything's ok.

Family4x4
8th January 2015, 09:21 AM
A couple of weeks ago both sides of town were burning here, one fire alone caused the death of 125 sheep and numerous sheds and fences.

The following week on the front page of the local rag there is a picture of the blaze with a caption about it being deliberately lit by a fire "bug".

How endearing the word "bug" seems...It should read arsonist or c*!t. We really need tough laws on arsonist and name and shame/beat.

Winnie
8th January 2015, 09:29 AM
I just got another callout, there is smoke billowing from the bush near home and I am at work dammit!

threedogs
8th January 2015, 09:47 AM
fingers crossed it all good

Winnie
8th January 2015, 10:03 AM
Should be, it's VERY humid, makes it hard for a fire to burn. Plus everything is still wet from the rain last night.
I would not be surprised if it is steam rather than smoke that somebody has called in.

threedogs
8th January 2015, 10:55 AM
Ill let you know when rain/hail hits here, trying to find a plan so my Patrol wont get wrecked by hail
going out later when it due not happy