PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Springs. Anyone ever used them?

Rock Trol
1st January 2015, 05:32 PM
Has anyone ever used 'Aurora' springs made by Industrial Engineers and Spring Makers (I.E.S.) in Adelaide? They are only a few km from where I live and seem to make a wide range of springs for trains, trucks, trailers and cars. I had them custom make me a couple of high tensile U-Bolts for my Superior Engineering drag link as the mild steel units that came with the bar did not last long. The U-Bolts looked like good quality and have been good so far.

I have added a link to their website below.

http://www.industrialsprings.com.au/catalog/index.php

pearcey
1st January 2015, 08:02 PM
Have used their products for over 30 years, truck, trailer, caravan, and 4x4. My dealings were on a professional basis.
Talk to them and they will advise on what you need for your set up.
If you know what weight you carry or want to carry and the lift(if you want it) they will give you good advice as they only deal with springs.
Their prices are very competitive
On my 4x4 I was advised by them and used their products for around 20 years on the same vehicle doing thousands of off road remote travel without any problems or breakages.

Rock Trol
1st January 2015, 09:15 PM
Have used their products for over 30 years, truck, trailer, caravan, and 4x4. My dealings were on a professional basis.
Talk to them and they will advise on what you need for your set up.
If you know what weight you carry or want to carry and the lift(if you want it) they will give you good advice as they only deal with springs.
Their prices are very competitive
On my 4x4 I was advised by them and used their products for around 20 years on the same vehicle doing thousands of off road remote travel without any problems or breakages.

Thanks Pearcey. That's the type of info I was after. All the gear they have on display in their shop looks like good quality and I like the idea of them custom making a spring.

Currently I have OME suspension as the car is ex Telstra and it is very stiff (400 kg springs). Even with rear bar, draws, tools and rock sliders the car skips when it hits bumps. I have to really load it up to get the rear working properly. The OME have sagged a bit though and I am using 30mm spacers to lift it to the correct height. I was thinking 300kg springs with 2.5-3 inch lift. I will go in and have a chat to them one day.