PDA

View Full Version : Online purchase question

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 04:17 PM
I bought some camping gear from a well known Australian camping retailer online and they've debited my card (as in a pending charge on the CC). The significantly lower than usual, are they obligated to accept? Or is this sort of all up in the air? I don't mind either way but would like to know my rights.

Avo
1st January 2015, 04:22 PM
so did you buy them in an online auction like Ebay?

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 04:36 PM
Nah, I bought it from Anaconda

Stropp
1st January 2015, 04:38 PM
I bought some camping gear from a well known Australian camping retailer online and they've debited my card (as in a pending charge on the CC). The significantly lower than usual, are they obligated to accept? Or is this sort of all up in the air? I don't mind either way but would like to know my rights.

Not quite sure what you are saying?

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 04:41 PM
Can they rescind the purchase? Or has it gone through if my cards been charged?

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 04:43 PM
Just wondering if I should continue shopping around or not

threedogs
1st January 2015, 04:54 PM
Start again and tell the complete story it will help heaps

Cuppa
1st January 2015, 05:00 PM
If you clicked to pay & paid then you’ve bought it. If Anaconda have stuffed up with the price that’s their problem.

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 05:05 PM
Basically bought something with a far lower price than normal, through a sale. My cards been debited the money but if they decide to say it was a mistake or anything though is that their right?

threedogs
1st January 2015, 05:11 PM
what ever price you paid as advertised then its yours mistake or not
Thats coming from my wife with plenty of retail experience

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 05:13 PM
I hope so! I appreciate the help!

threedogs
1st January 2015, 05:20 PM
you do have rights as a buyer.
All you did was buy a product at an advertised price.
Its happened here a few times, but dont think anyone got a light bar lol

Winnie
1st January 2015, 05:36 PM
This wasn't a waeco fridge for like 90 dollars was it?

AB
1st January 2015, 05:37 PM
What's the product, lets all buy it ;)

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 05:42 PM
It was a Waeco fridge for $89.99, it got taken down off the site a few hours ago though haha. *fingers crossed* ;)

AB
1st January 2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah wow, fingers crossed mate...score!!!

the evil twin
1st January 2015, 05:47 PM
It was a Waeco fridge for $89.99, it got taken down off the site a few hours ago though haha. *fingers crossed* ;)

Did you print off a copy of the advert or have some other proof of purchase?

Jimmyboyjr4
1st January 2015, 05:49 PM
I have both invoice and a screenshot of the item on the website, plus my bank said that the charge had been processed on the CC it's just in the obligatory 'pending' state

the evil twin
1st January 2015, 06:00 PM
If you have an Invoice and proof of payment then I would say you also have a killer bargain fridge.

If they have a disclaimer about pricing errors on their small print or have not acted in a deliberately deceptive manner and have not "accepted your offer to Purchase" by taking the money then they are under no obligation to sell the item at the erroneous price.

What they actually do is up to them and some retailers may opt to honour the price.

Don't be mislead by supermarket or scanner policies, that is a totally seperate thing

From Consumer law Handbook
There are no laws in Australia that specifically deal with online shopping. Legally the same requirements exist whether the purchase is conducted over the internet or offline (e.g. shopping at a retail outlet). Therefore, when you buy goods or services over the internet from an Australian trader, Australian consumer protection laws apply.

I recall Dick Smith duking it out with Consumers a while back over Memory Cards... Dick or should I say Woolies at the time won

Agronaught
1st January 2015, 06:01 PM
Internet purchases don't have the same degree of consumer protection, they could simply refund the purchase but it wouldn't be considered reputable.

Given the size of the retailer I would expect the sale to go through as they can absorb the costs.

A smaller retailer wouldn't be able to.

Winnie
1st January 2015, 07:10 PM
I saw on Facebook that mistake, I wasn't quick enough to grab one

Clunk
1st January 2015, 07:37 PM
Damn, I guess I miss out when I stay in the pool all day lol

the evil twin
1st January 2015, 08:49 PM
Damn, I guess I miss out when I stay in the pool all day lol

If it hit Facebook and Anaconda got hammered then I don't think you will have missed out, mate.

Time will tell, Anaconda may suck it up then again they may not.

Here is the Terms and Conditions from Anaconda Online Purchasing Agreement (my boldface)

Prices

All references to $ and dollars on the website are to Australian currency. All prices were current* at the time of publication on the website and are inclusive of GST.
* While we make every endeavour to ensure the accuracy of our website pricing, in the event of system based pricing errors if you acquire a product at the incorrect price we will advise you as soon as possible and we reserve the right to cancel the transaction/ your order and refund the mistaken purchase price to you.

megatexture
1st January 2015, 08:57 PM
If it's all over social media they would be stupid to dispute it imo

AB
1st January 2015, 09:38 PM
Let us know the outcome mate, interesting to see how they handle this.

the evil twin
1st January 2015, 10:57 PM
Let us know the outcome mate, interesting to see how they handle this.

I'm willing to take a wild guess...

AB
2nd January 2015, 07:35 AM
I'm willing to take a wild guess...

Didn't read your post....lol.

threedogs
2nd January 2015, 08:21 AM
Cant see them absorbing the costs if they sold say 30 units.
IMO I think you may be offered a store credit of some kind
after a full refund

the evil twin
2nd January 2015, 11:21 AM
Didn't read your post....lol.

Hiya Cobber...

I am SO heading over to "What's Made Me Angry Today" with that quote :tease::tease::tease:

Devastated I am... just totally devastated... sums up my life really.

A store credit on a Roof Top Bag might help me feel better. :devilred:

megatexture
2nd January 2015, 01:30 PM
What fridge was it that was advertised?

threedogs
2nd January 2015, 01:42 PM
@ Mega not sure which model but a Waeco of some description

Winnie
2nd January 2015, 01:51 PM
It was either the CFX40 or CFX50, I can't remember which one.

the evil twin
2nd January 2015, 03:20 PM
Winnie is probably correct (God knows I rarely am) altho I'll take a wild guess on a CFX35.

Currently they are on sale at Anaconda for $899 so I'll call it someone ballsed up the decimal place and they went up at $89.90.

In any account I bet whoever cocked up is cleaning the Anaconda crappers with a tooth brush and a sore arse

Jimmyboyjr4
4th January 2015, 06:22 PM
Fridge was the CF40.

All they offered me was the choice to purchase it at full price and give me free postage, told them to shove it haha.

Oh well, guess I'll go back to saving for an Engel!

the evil twin
4th January 2015, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the follow up post Cobber.
It is appreciated as so many don't bother these days and it gives a bloke the irrits

Jimmyboyjr4
4th January 2015, 06:33 PM
All good, would have done so before but was 4wding all weekend :P

Cuppa
4th January 2015, 08:08 PM
Bad luck Jimmyboy, I reckon they should’ve worn their mistake.

megatexture
4th January 2015, 11:46 PM
Fridge was the CF40.

All they offered me was the choice to purchase it at full price and give me free postage, told them to shove it haha.

Oh well, guess I'll go back to saving for an Engel!

Bunch of tight arses! Bet they sold more than a few though lol