PDA

View Full Version : G'day Folks!

tbone
1st January 2015, 11:38 AM
G'day Folks,

I live near Cooma, NSW and have had a couple of Patrols over the years. My old 1997 4.2DX GQ Ute was my favourite...very reliable and could go almost anywhere, but it had to go to make way for a more family friendly vehicle. A few years back I got a pretty good deal on a 2001 GU 3.0L Intercooled Turbo Wagon. It served us well until a few months ago when the engine died 2 weeks after rego (cracked cylinder apparently). Quotes for a replacement engine came in at around $5k to $8k, so we decided to replace the vehicle instead. So now we're left with a vehicle that is in pretty good nick apart from the buggered engine. Most wreckers don't want anything to do with it and others expect me to give it to them for next to nothing.

Thought I'd jump onto the forum to see if anyone might be interested in it for parts or a project? Before getting the rego done I had a new clutch put in, installed a re-conditioned intercooler, fitted old man emu suspension plus got a few other more things fixed up to ensure she got a clean bill of health. Anyway, if anyone out there is interested, please feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers!

threedogs
1st January 2015, 11:59 AM
Hi Tbone and welcome to the forum, did your Patrol have a manual boost controller fitted?
Shame it blew, a nice LS2 would fit well. good luck with it all, stick around plenty of info here for you

AB
1st January 2015, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

You should get a better response by putting up a new thread in the for sale section and see what happens.

Stropp
1st January 2015, 12:59 PM
Hi mate welcome to the forum, bummer about the engine.

tbone
1st January 2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks threedogs, nah...no manual boost controller fitted.

Cheers

tbone
1st January 2015, 01:02 PM
Will do...thanks AB

mudnut
1st January 2015, 01:08 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum. It sounds like a nice vehicle. As has been suggested a conversion would be the go. Maybe give a firm such as Readies in Bendigo a call, I know they are a long way from you, but they do a lot of 4.2 conversions in a short turn around time too.

Dhuck
1st January 2015, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
1st January 2015, 05:32 PM
G'day Tbone welcome to the forum mate.

4bye4
1st January 2015, 08:25 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

CUB
1st January 2015, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Tbone, hope the new year starts better for you.

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2015, 09:45 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

mattsexton247
12th January 2015, 11:07 PM
welcome to the forum mate.

Drewboyaus
13th January 2015, 08:58 AM
G'day mate, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hodge
13th January 2015, 07:15 PM
Welcome aboard Tbone. Wealth of knowledge and many friendly members here. Jump in and enjoy your stay!