PDA

View Full Version : New GQ owner from Perth

Lioneljrudd
31st December 2014, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone.
I have been reading the forum for some time and gaining a lot from the input of others. Time to get more closely involved.

Location - Quinns Rocks, Perth

I have a 1990 GQ with the RB30 engine in great condition. Belonged to my father who passed it along to me as long as I fixed a number of problems with it which had been bugging him for a long time but could not spend the money on it. Love the vehicle, having previously owned a diesel version and have followed through on the repairs. Just recently finished a run up through the Central Deserts road to Alice Springs and home via a good chunk of South Australia. Water pump failure in Coolgardie on the home run which held us up a couple of days while we got one up from Perth and has been going great since.

This vehicle is definitely a keeper!

Hope to talk with forum members more in the future as we continue upgrading the vehicle and travelling with it. Hopefully can give back some insights to other forum members.

Regards,
Lionel Rudd

threedogs
31st December 2014, 10:36 PM
Happy new year Lionel and welcome to the forum, OD is from Quinn Rocks so you are not alone.
Jump in anytime you like and enjoy

the evil twin
31st December 2014, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I've always had a soft spot for the RB30's but it is one variant of Patrol I haven't had over the years

If you ever get the urge to convert to EFI the 3 litre Skyline/Commodore EFI engine is the same critter.
The Commy's were one of the most popular taxi choices back in the day and easily did huge K's.
I had a 3 litre Skyline Wagon and it gave us awesome service for quite a few years as the family daily driver.

I "think" you can now get a LPG direct injection kit for them as well.
There was someone on here looking at going down that path a few years ago but don't know if it happened or not.

There was also a few guys up your way running WRX engines.
One went past me on the way to Wedge one day doing about Mach 3, I thought the range was active.
Saw it later at Wedge and had a chat, very nice rig but not what you would call an all rounder.

Avo
31st December 2014, 11:32 PM
welcome to the forum matey and happy new year..

Stropp
1st January 2015, 01:45 AM
Welcome to the forum Lionel, good way to start the new year :)

4bye4
1st January 2015, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the forum Lionel

Dhuck
1st January 2015, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
1st January 2015, 05:27 PM
G'day Lionel welcome to the forum mate.

Dryopteris01
2nd January 2015, 03:13 AM
Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year

CUB
2nd January 2015, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Hodge
2nd January 2015, 01:26 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Wealth of knowledge and many friendly members here. Jump in and enjoy your stay!

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2015, 09:43 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.