PDA

View Full Version : A huge thank you to all that have helped...... Bruce is alive and well !!!!!!!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
30th December 2014, 09:57 AM
To everyone that has helped I cant thank you enough... I have a new lease on life and really did think this was the end for me for a number of years as I know Mags had had enough and was only letting me get away with what I did this year because of what has happened outside 4wding and she knew I get so much joy from it.

On Boxing day George and Matfew came around to start work on the engine install and both are champions... George as always and Matty is the kind of bloke who just gets stuck in and anything he does he does well.. also thank the Patrol gods for Matty's work car and all the tools he carry's as it made small work of a couple of small issues.

It was 1am by the time I went to bed and have to thank Belinda for staying with Alexander while we worked.

The next day I started to plumed up all the bolt ons and fit the radiator and stuff before George turned up at 9pm to get stuck into some of the harder jobs....Sean happened to be traveling past and stopped in to offer expert advice lol.... it was 11pm when George asked me to turn the key and told me to hold the revs up while he bled the system... there was no need, it fired first kick and idled perfect straight away.

There were cuddles and kisses and some very big smiles.

All that was left was to bolt on the intercooler the next day and go for a drive..... it was perfect.

That afternoon I was due to go to Seans and was not bothered if the GQ was not ready but as it was of course I was taking Bruce.

Yet again perfect.... So much better than the old engine with it being a lot quieter and a certain vibration that I was told was a throttle cable at a certain rev gone.

While at Seans he took us for a short drive up a track he has only 5 min from his place and Matty jumped in with me and headed off on my first 4wding in the TD since this all began.. be it a short trip it was more than enough to know I love it..... did I say I love it !!!!!!!!!!

All I need to do now is drop the water out and put some coolant in and we are pretty well set.

The only issues are with stuff that came with the old engine being an alternator which I would feel better if I changed and a couple of small changes suggested by Matty with some plumbing.

Yet again I cannot thank you all for your help... I am not use to this kind of help and do not take it lightly... I am use to being the one that helps people not the other way around.

I dont want to single people out as you know the great thing you have done no matter what your part.. it was just brilliant and I am forever in your debt.

As Daz would say........ HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/20141228_160920_zps379e1898.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/20141228_160920_zps379e1898.jpg.html)

Winnie
30th December 2014, 10:05 AM
I have got a stock TD42 alternator here (70A) with the vac pump. It has a faulty diode in it somewhere. Yours if you want.
They are worth $300 new and I have no idea what it would cost to fix this one? I wouldn't think much.

TPC
30th December 2014, 10:06 AM
That is great to hear, I think we have all been waiting in suspense to hear it is in and going.
Hope you can now start to have some fun.

Winnies-missus
30th December 2014, 10:19 AM
Fantastic to here BA. Can't wait for Australia day meet up. May the new year bring more happy memories.

Irish
30th December 2014, 11:13 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Bruce Lives!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82E7vhtLxNs

AB
30th December 2014, 11:37 AM
A happy ending Jonathan well done everyone involved too :)

mudski
30th December 2014, 11:45 AM
Wow! This happened fast! Here's me thinking another few weeks atleast! Great to see Bruce is alive and kicking, once again.

Hodge
30th December 2014, 11:50 AM
Farkin' awesome. You deserve it mate!!!!
Did someone say Tallarook ?

Winnie
30th December 2014, 11:54 AM
Farkin' awesome. You deserve it mate!!!!
Did someone say Tallarook ?

Nah mate, Tallaganda! Let's go there Bruce

Drewboyaus
30th December 2014, 12:18 PM
What a fabulous outcome. Well done everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

sooty_10
30th December 2014, 12:23 PM
That's absolutely great news. Just goes to show the character of this forum overall.

Now to get many hundreds of thousands of trouble free Km's out of it.....

rusty_nail
30th December 2014, 12:37 PM
A happy ending Jonathan well done everyone involved too :)

when did jonathon get a hoppy ending? i didnt realise you could get those for the massage place down his way?

also, congrats jonathon, good on ya mate, its good your stuck with it and finally have a good outcome!

Stropp
30th December 2014, 12:50 PM
well done to all involved and a great outcome BA, mate im so happy for you that it is all you were after and more :) now for plenty of trouble free 4wding u beauty.

ps now you can tell the missus or not :)

Clunk
30th December 2014, 01:02 PM
brilliant news and again, well done to all those involved in getting the grumpy fella back on track once again.

taslucas
30th December 2014, 02:02 PM
Awesome stuff man!
So good to hear.

Another big thanks to George and mat.... Free beers for the next year of meetup I reckon!

Now that you have a reliable and more fuel efficient trol, I'll be waiting to see you roll off the spirit of tas soon.

Happy days mate, happy days!!

Maxhead
30th December 2014, 02:49 PM
Who's Bruce??

93patrol
30th December 2014, 02:51 PM
Great job there guys good to see cuddles happy again and Bruce back on the red dirt

Crate
30th December 2014, 03:46 PM
So good to hear mate and I am in awe of the forum community and its generosity.

Bloodyaussie
30th December 2014, 04:18 PM
well done to all involved and a great outcome BA, mate im so happy for you that it is all you were after and more :) now for plenty of trouble free 4wding u beauty.

ps now you can tell the missus or not :)

Mate this was discussed at length while the engine was going in and no matter which way I go it will be interesting....... good/bad we will see,lol !!!

I have been given instructions to drive the car as much as possible for a bit just incase there are any issues while it is under warranty so am enjoying myself... I get some looks thats for sure.

I just want to go somewhere for a night or two before Mags gets back.. the only thing is there is some stinking hot weather coming and no aircon.... he he he.

I want to celebrate !!!!

Maxhead
30th December 2014, 04:59 PM
I have been given instructions to drive the car as much as possible for a bit just incase there are any issues while it is under warranty so am enjoying myself...

Aussie day trip will sort it out mate, long drive and some easy tracks:)

Winnie
30th December 2014, 05:04 PM
Aussie day trip will sort it out mate, long drive and some easy tracks:)

What about those hardcore tracks you were gonna find us!?

lucus30
30th December 2014, 05:17 PM
Mate I'm stoked for you. Glad its all sorted. So when you taking me for a drive ?

mudnut
30th December 2014, 05:18 PM
Good to hear you're back in the game, Jonathan. That alternator of Winnies should take bugger all to fix. Unless you still have some left over cash, just get a reco with warranty, from a well known auto elec.

MudRunnerTD
30th December 2014, 05:45 PM
Glad you have had a good outcome mate. Drive to Cape Jaffa on Thursday, (550kms) beach run Friday (150kms) drive home Saturday (550kms) pick up. Maggs Sunday with 1500kms on her! You know you want to.

You know you have too!

Grab George or Matty for a boys run. Do it

happygu
30th December 2014, 06:38 PM
Fantastic news ... and well done to everyone involved, especially George and Matty for all the hard labour

Rossco
30th December 2014, 08:39 PM
Awesome news Jono, very very glad to hear - merry Christmas Brucie!! Must be good to finally turn your back on that bloody motor, sounds like a pearler now.

If you feel like heading out this way, I'll be up for a cruise. Rocky track's a perfect test- get used to that low down TD power :)

jay see
30th December 2014, 11:25 PM
Great news BA.:D Well done to all involved. :thumbup::thumbup:

Get those Ks up there while under warranty in all conditions.
See ya on the tracks.

matfew
30th December 2014, 11:43 PM
Thanks BA was a pleasure to help you out. Was a piss funny night actually so many antics going on as always.

Had a few small issues but there were enough heads there to work through it. George and I didnt tell him about 1 until he picked it up lol.

She does sound good goes well pulls well. Can't see how he can complain at this stage but sure Jonathan will find SOMETING to moan about hahahahaha

Alitis007
31st December 2014, 12:25 AM
Told you it was going to be done before the new year !!! And I just realised something... I haven't driven it yet!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2014, 01:48 AM
Super news guys. Well done to us all and Matt and George, and I guess Jonathan. Lol

We should be proud of ourselves, good deeds never go unnoticed, unless your married.

Rossco
31st December 2014, 11:38 AM
PS George you are a bloody legend, and Matty but mainly George!! :) Can't wait to see Bruce Almighty in action.

cgm
31st December 2014, 04:02 PM
Just caught up. Excellent news. Just fantastic. What else to say ... ? Hope it goes well for you for a long time to come.

fracster
1st January 2015, 04:50 AM
Chuffed for you BA.

You guys are a credit to humanity.

Except that your Aussies.........:tongue:

Clunk
1st January 2015, 12:25 PM
Chuffed for you BA.

You guys are a credit to humanity.

Except that your Aussies.........:tongue:

Oi not all of us are ;):D

mudnut
1st January 2015, 12:31 PM
Oi not all of us are ;):D

Is that to mean that you're not a credit to humanity, or not an Aussie?

Clunk
1st January 2015, 01:31 PM
Is that to mean that you're not a credit to humanity, or not an Aussie?

Both!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Alitis007
2nd January 2015, 12:30 PM

taslucas
2nd January 2015, 12:44 PM
And that's why he can't have good things

Hodge
2nd January 2015, 12:54 PM

Already deep in s#it. Good on him !!

Stropp
2nd January 2015, 01:02 PM

im sure i can see a wicked grin on his face :)

Rossco
2nd January 2015, 01:22 PM
Nice 1!

Now time to clean the radiator, pull out the dynamat, flush alternator . . . .

threedogs
2nd January 2015, 01:33 PM
Nice 1!

Now time to clean the radiator, pull out the dynamat, flush alternator . . . .

Flush alternator ????????????
please explain or just a typo, lol

matfew
2nd January 2015, 01:36 PM
Wash the mud it of it. They fail mainly from being full of mud grinding away inside them

Bloodyaussie
2nd January 2015, 01:37 PM
im sure i can see a wicked grin on his face :)

Mate I was half a sleep and had a shocking hangover... Just got home an hour ago and it has taken that long to wash all the mud from the underside, the car still needs a proper wash.

So much for just a quick little drive and stay out of the bog holes??

I will say this and that is the car is purring along... the only issue is the dodge Alloy radiator I bought from some nob of Facebook, on the highway temps are a bit of an issue.

It may be the case that that other engine that had so much mud in it cooling system has blocked this thing up and even though I have flushed it clean it seams it still may be blocked.

Still a little getting use to when 4wding but I am so bloody happy with it as it is so sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hodge
2nd January 2015, 01:39 PM
Good to hear mate. Bruce is back!!!

threedogs
2nd January 2015, 02:06 PM
They must have those squirrel cage style , I changed to Bosch
on the other 4by as it was costing a fortune in alternator repairs.[rectifiers]
or you could fab up a splash plate/guard

growler2058
2nd January 2015, 02:12 PM
You need to seal that gap at the back of the scoop cockcO, loosing half ya air.

Ummmm LoKKa???

Rossco
2nd January 2015, 03:16 PM
That's awesome Jono, sounds like it's going bloody good, time to get used to that reliability!!

Bloody Bog Holes eh, they are a bit hard to resist, may as well have a bit of fun. Just pulling the radiator out of mine ATM to clean out that bloody Wombat mud. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Winnie
2nd January 2015, 03:34 PM
That's awesome Jono, sounds like it's going bloody good, time to get used to that reliability!!

Bloody Bog Holes eh, they are a bit hard to resist, may as well have a bit of fun. Just pulling the radiator out of mine ATM to clean out that bloody Wombat mud. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Bout time you got around to doing that, slack!

Rossco
2nd January 2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah, bloody mud!! Damage report from last Wombat trip.

Not surprising temps were climbing with this bad boy.

Old fan. Got onto this one a little quicker!

Where did you head Jono - Tallarook?

Alitis007
2nd January 2015, 07:22 PM
Wombat Rossco! We showed him where your gq was trying out for the olympics in the long jump, he got stuck at the first dried up creek crossing and he didn't see us go to the hard left and I didn't tell him which line to choose..... my bad.....

Rossco
2nd January 2015, 09:30 PM
Ahhhh Bloody Wombat!!!! Ha Ha nice one. So much for a nice easy warm up track - always the way. . . .
Good bit of fun that track tho.

Alitis007
3rd January 2015, 10:20 AM
Its the perfect warm up track mate lol

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 10:26 AM
We showed him where your gq was trying out for the olympics in the long jump

Hahahahahahahah

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 10:43 AM
and he didn't see us go to the hard left .[/QUOT

Doesn't anyone know convoy procedure, thats wrong IMo

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 10:45 AM
and he didn't see us go to the hard left .

Doesn't anyone know convoy procedure, thats wrong IMo

He means heard left of the obstacle, they didn't turn off the track. Jonathan got stuck because he did not see the other guys line through the crossing.

krbrooking
3rd January 2015, 11:30 AM
Awesome news Jonathan. So glad it is finally going good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 11:32 AM
He means heard left of the obstacle, they didn't turn off the track. Jonathan got stuck because he did not see the other guys line through the crossing.

Yes I was not paying attention with my massive hangover....lol.

Simple rookie mistake, I also stalled a couple of times and one because I was in third not first...doh!!! and yes George was a little brain dead himself or he would have noticed I was not on line but this was to be expected with the amount of sleep we all had.

It was good though doing a couple of medium hills to shake off the cob webs and see the difference in the torque..... love it !!!!!!!

Oh and George copped a massive tree branch that took sometime to remove.. it really jammed itself but thanks to Matts awesome strength he was able to lift the car in one arm and remove it with the other.

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 01:15 PM
Matt's strength is unmatched. Here is a photo of him pushing his car off a bank with one hand... While still driving!

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 02:03 PM
Johno do you have plans to re-fit the aircon at some stage,
would be a shocker on days like today

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 02:14 PM
Aircon is all fitted up it is just time and funds to get it re gassed... I need a radiator first.

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 02:20 PM
buying a new one or getting this one rodded and checked.
If new Winnie brought one at a great price delivered I think

I have aircon gas here just need the pump and gauges as my eldest has an air con licence

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 02:24 PM
buying a new one or getting this one rodded and checked.
If new Winnie brought one at a great price delivered I think

Nope... I ended up paying too much for mine because I had to buy the wrong one to get me out of shit and then swap it for another new one. And I did about 300kms to pick it up

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 02:27 PM
boy did I get that one wrong, lol
what did you end up paying if ok to ask,
and was it a copper/brass job

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 02:46 PM
boy did I get that one wrong, lol
what did you end up paying if ok to ask,
and was it a copper/brass job

I cant remember off the top of my head now. It was copper/brass but I bought an auto standard radiator to get me out the poo then traded on a hd rad.

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 02:50 PM
$350 for a Copper/brass delivered with 2 year warranty.....

mudnut
3rd January 2015, 02:52 PM
What brand, BA?

Winnie
3rd January 2015, 02:57 PM
$350 for a Copper/brass delivered with 2 year warranty.....

Sounds like a winner.

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 03:03 PM
What brand, BA?

Jayrad mate..... http://www.4x4andcamping.com.au/jayrad-copper-brass-radiator-to-suit-nissan-patrol-gq-td42-4-2l-diesel-manual-87-97-2yr-warranty.html

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 03:16 PM
Do you have good power now from idle or do you need some revs like 1500rpm ???

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 03:37 PM
Power is perfect...... Matty said I have heaps more than his car but his is not tuned or intercooled.

threedogs
3rd January 2015, 03:43 PM
Suppose its too early for fuel figures ????
You'll have Aust day for that eh

Edit bit more rain and Tallarook would be great lol

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 07:59 PM
I have had a little time today to reflect on all that has happened and I am still a little uneasy but overwhelmed with the generosity...

As I said in the past I am not poor but far from well off but with everything that has happened this would have been the end for me as I saw no way out.. thank you again all for your help and I wish you all the best in this new year.

Onwards and Upwards.

Cheers !!!!

Alitis007
3rd January 2015, 09:31 PM
Onwards and Upwards.

Cheers !!!!

That was last year, this year it could beeeeeee....... lets go carnts!!! Or should've bought a gu ! !! ; p

nissannewby
3rd January 2015, 09:35 PM
Power is perfect...... Matty said I have heaps more than his car but his is not tuned or intercooled.

Resist the power bug mate it gets expensive with a diesel.

Hurry up and move to Qld :).

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2015, 09:55 PM
Yeah my cousin hassled me today about coming up to qld....

I hoping to be able to do some big trips in the next few years and qld is on the list.