PDA

View Full Version : You're kidding me... another timing cover leak.

zoki
29th December 2014, 08:11 AM
Guys to say, I'm angry is a huge understatement. I'm mentioned coolant smell one we got home from echuca in my intro thread. This morning few drops on the diff & axle evident. Hard to say where from, I'm confident it's the timing cover from behind & and left of alternator.

I only bought this recently and my original patrol the Di had same issue.

In pretty sure I have the statutory warranty still from dealer.

Only last night was praising it to my mate and making a small list of near future mods. And now this. Far out....

Hodge
29th December 2014, 12:50 PM
What a joke mate. I feel for you. I don't know if you seen my thread or not, but I am going through the exact same thing. Mine is progressively getting worse. Each night when it cools down, reveals a larger puddle in the morning.
If it's under warranty you should be sweet? Is yours new? Cost for it is ranging from $1800 to nearly $4k (through dealer).
Mine is turning into a bigger lemon than the vs commodore I had... Very very frustrating.

zoki
3rd January 2015, 02:30 PM
Mine will be covered. Just waiting on Nissan to book me in. They want 5 days. So annoying but, won't cost me a cent. Mines good now cause of weather.

Zack.

Hodge
3rd January 2015, 04:11 PM
That is a good outcome mate.

GQ TANK
11th January 2015, 04:43 PM
Zoki, can you update you signature with model and engine type - it helps when people respond to your posts

threedogs
11th January 2015, 04:49 PM
Does anyone think this is a common "fault" with the CRD or just affects a few models.
We know Hodges is an 09 now need to get some more data happening

Clunk
11th January 2015, 05:08 PM
Does anyone think this is a common "fault" with the CRD or just affects a few models.

guess it al depends on what you class as common?, 3 out of 10, 3 out of 100, 3 out of 1000

Hodge
11th January 2015, 07:33 PM
Zoki, can you update you signature with model and engine type - it helps when people respond to your posts

I think his is a 09 like mine, judging by his intro???

I have had the nissan bloke at stealership and a guy a 4x4 solutions tell me, the worst of these were the last DI's, so, a lot from 06. But have seen them happen to many 3L across all years.

There is many more mentioned on the other ​nissan patrol forum, than there is here.

zoki
13th January 2015, 10:29 AM
Hi guys. My leak has been fixed but it is still at Nissan waiting for other parts to put everything back together. Total cost of $4900 covered by stat warranty.
And sorry mine is a crd 2909 .

Hodge
13th January 2015, 07:24 PM

Hi guys. My leak has been fixed but it is still at Nissan waiting for other parts to put everything back together. Total cost of $4900 covered by stat warranty.
And sorry mine is a crd 2909 .

Holy farkin' s#it. Glad it wasn't your wallet mate. ONce and if you get a printout of complete works, do you mind posting it up here so we can see what exactly does nissan do and what do they replace. Mines still to be booked in.

Cheers.