PDA

View Full Version : To shield or not to shield

jay see
24th December 2014, 08:30 PM
Today I pulled out my radiator to give it a good clean and refill with new coolant.
I know that if something is there it's normally there for a reason but that bottom strip that goes on the fan shroud does it really need to be there.

While I was at it I hosed down the a/c

growler2058
24th December 2014, 08:40 PM
It'll defiantly aid in drawing in air when you're sitting in traffic

MudRunnerTD
25th December 2014, 08:11 AM
Yes mate it's very important. You need the full cowl on so the fan has a full cover this means All the air must pass through the fan and when the fan is drawing it Must draw from the front and will be very efficient. With that piece missing the efficiency of the fan will be dramatically reduced as it will draw from below and bypass the radiator which is pointless.

jay see
25th December 2014, 09:18 AM
OK looks like its going back on. What about this.
53079 does it affect the cooling system in any way.

Hodge
25th December 2014, 01:25 PM
OK looks like its going back on. What about this.
53079 does it affect the cooling system in any way.

That goes on the bottom, yeah... just behind bull bar? I'm not close to my car, but I think that's the bit that deflects a lot of s#it from jumping onto the pulleys??

jay see
25th December 2014, 05:19 PM
That goes on the bottom, yeah... just behind bull bar? I'm not close to my car, but I think that's the bit that deflects a lot of s#it from jumping onto the pulleys??

If it keeps some of the crap off that end, it will go back on.

Parksy
25th December 2014, 05:34 PM
I do believe it also plays a part in creating a vacuum in the engine bay, as opposed to pressurising it when moving at speed. This vacuum means air is drawn in through the radiator.
Talking about the bottom shield looking thing.