PDA

View Full Version : WA 4WD's targeted

the godfather
24th December 2014, 02:04 PM
Hi fellow Patrollers.
Just a quick note. The WA traffic police have been told to target 4WD's over the Christmas break.
That is to say any 4wd that is raised and has extra wide or knobbly tyres.
The list includes:

Tyres
Lift-kits
Spot lights
Bullbars
Rear facing white lights

I have had 2 friends pinged already and there vehicles haven't changed in 5 years.
So if your vehicle is close to that line we call legal. Maybe parking it up for the break is a good idea.

Merry Christmas.
THE GODFATHER

93patrol
24th December 2014, 02:06 PM
So pretty much every 4wd on the road at the moment

the godfather
24th December 2014, 02:10 PM
Yep. One mate got yellowed for his 2" lift kit. Has been lifted for 7 years now. All of a sudden it is an issue.
I am safe though. Clutch has gone and I am not fixing until after the break.

growler2058
24th December 2014, 02:11 PM
Not that I'm in W.A. but its posts like this that make me feel good iv kept the new troll legal

Clunk
24th December 2014, 02:12 PM
Same thing as every Christmas and long weekend then.

Just as well you bought a shiny shopping trolley hey 93patrol?

93patrol
24th December 2014, 02:26 PM
That right clunk. You are just jealous. Haha

Clunk
24th December 2014, 03:17 PM
That right clunk. You are just jealous. Haha

You just keep thinking that if it helps make you feel better ;):D

dads tractor
30th December 2014, 11:23 AM
Yep. One mate got yellowed for his 2" lift kit. Has been lifted for 7 years now. All of a sudden it is an issue.
I am safe though. Clutch has gone and I am not fixing until after the break. Godfather from my reading of your regs 2"is fine for his lift kit but he has to run standard sized tyres so as not too exceed the 2" overall height limit or has to front the engineering gurus for a mod plate and lane change test . He might have just been caught up in the blitz .

Stropp
30th December 2014, 11:56 AM
yes it happens every long public holiday and i think mostly in the northern suburbs due to all the dickheads that go to wilbinga and wedge and rip everything up and leave shit everywhere so we all get targeted although i did notice a lot more down south this xmas so it wont be long before that get targeted by the cops too. I never saw one police car from perth to denmark across to pemberton and back to perth but i did hear from reliable sources that they were trying to give as many time off at xmas so they can all be on deck for new year so watch out then.

threedogs
30th December 2014, 01:31 PM
Rear facing white lights is a good one just saw a guy with a single Lightforce XGT [240] mounted in the middle of his rear door,,,,,work light officer.
Looked stupid anyway, bet he doesnt get tail gated

the godfather
21st March 2015, 11:03 PM
Godfather from my reading of your regs 2"is fine for his lift kit but he has to run standard sized tyres so as not too exceed the 2" overall height limit or has to front the engineering gurus for a mod plate and lane change test . He might have just been caught up in the blitz .

2" is fine here. But unfortunately the police can yellow you if they think it isn't okay. You only need to pit the vehicle to get it off. More an inconvenience than anything else.