PDA

View Full Version : Another crd owner

zoki
22nd December 2014, 08:47 PM
Hi all. Been watching the forum for a while finally decided to say hello.
I own a 2009 crd has been in my possession for about a month. I used to own a 2003 3L di which was the biggest lemon of a car I've ever owned. All issues were with the engine. I got talked into getting a crd as supposedly all issues have been ironed out onnthese. So far so good on mine.

Stropp
22nd December 2014, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, crd is def better than the Di but then there are also lots of good Di,s out there too.

4bye4
22nd December 2014, 10:00 PM
Welcom to the forum mate and,

... but then there are also lots of good Di,s out there too.
yea I've got one.

Bacho86
22nd December 2014, 10:06 PM
Well come to the forum mate, plenty of helpful people here and great information. The CRD's generally have the issues of the earlier Di's sorted out, but there's still room for improvement!

Dhuck
22nd December 2014, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2014, 10:59 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

kevin07
23rd December 2014, 07:26 AM
welcome mate great reading here

growler2058
23rd December 2014, 07:33 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Hodge
23rd December 2014, 07:41 AM
Welcome mate. Enjoy your stay !

Sent from my S4 using Forum Runner

zoki
23rd December 2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the replies and welcomes. I have / had a lot of reading to do across this and the other forum.*
My Di really questioned my faith in patrols. From very early KM's it done a oil pickup pump, then the front timing cover began leaking oil, eventually dropping coolant as well. This was warranty works.*
but later on in life it leaked coolant again from timing cover, this time no warranty. Then the turbo let go, followed by innjector pump issues which took a lot of $ to sort out and diagnoise. Needled to say, that car cost me a a lot a lot of dollars. Believe it or not, during this time it had done ZERO offroad, no mods at all, serviced all the time, and me and the missus never pushed it. Was sold with 42k on the clock with all that huistory behind it.*

We eventually got rid of it as no way we could have trust it on our trip up north through nsw to northern qld. We've had a normal car since 2005. And just recently decided ok, lets give another patrol a go, for some trips etc.. I'm not rel;igious by any means but i pray to any powers out there that i havent made another costly mistake.*

After xmas I will begin the much talked about NADS, in order to preserve some confidence in the trol.*

Remdogg
23rd December 2014, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. I've done 58k kms in my crd and hasn't missed a beat and it has hard some hard days.

Sherro
26th December 2014, 11:12 AM
G'day Zoki welcome to the forum mate.

Automan
27th December 2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the replies and welcomes. I have / had a lot of reading to do across this and the other forum.*
My Di really questioned my faith in patrols. From very early KM's it done a oil pickup pump, then the front timing cover began leaking oil, eventually dropping coolant as well. This was warranty works.*
but later on in life it leaked coolant again from timing cover, this time no warranty. Then the turbo let go, followed by innjector pump issues which took a lot of $ to sort out and diagnoise. Needled to say, that car cost me a a lot a lot of dollars. Believe it or not, during this time it had done ZERO offroad, no mods at all, serviced all the time, and me and the missus never pushed it. Was sold with 42k on the clock with all that huistory behind it.*

We eventually got rid of it as no way we could have trust it on our trip up north through nsw to northern qld. We've had a normal car since 2005. And just recently decided ok, lets give another patrol a go, for some trips etc.. I'm not rel;igious by any means but i pray to any powers out there that i havent made another costly mistake.*

After xmas I will begin the much talked about NADS, in order to preserve some confidence in the trol.*

I bought a new CRD in '11 and have done 46K's. The engine is as tight as a drum and I've not had any problems with it - touch wood. It runs cool and smoothly. I hope you have a great run with your CRD.

Grzesiek3M
28th December 2014, 01:05 AM

happygu
28th December 2014, 10:03 AM
Just blasted up to Sydney and back to Melbourne, and now off to the Vic High Country..... no worries about the CRD ... not that I had too many with the Di too

zoki
28th December 2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks again for the welcomes.
We just got back from echuca. My ffirst long-ish drive withbthr new trol. Drove really well pulling our pigeon trailer. Egts had me a little bit scared at times but they came down after each hill.
When we got to echuca car definitely had a distinct hot coolant smell. But seen no leaks and levels were fine. Will keep a close watch on this. Hope it was just overflow.

threedogs
28th December 2014, 01:54 PM
hello Zoki and welcome to the forum,
jump in any time and enjoy